Nasri Appeal (merged).

Re: Appeal or not? SN.

As a Referee of many years standing it cannot be judge as SFP (Serious Foul Play) as the whistle had been blown and the game had long since stopped.

It will be assessed purely as VC (Violent Conduct)

As it was the assistant who saw it and not the referee, we might have a chance. The problem is however is the referee will be shown footage of the incident and asked the simple question 'Now you have seen the incident, what action would you have taken at the time if you had witnessed it live?'

Now our problem is that all Premier League officials are part of the PGMO and in short they will support each other to the death. Nasri's slight flick is all they need to justify saying 'It's the most violent thing they have seen on a Field of Play since Van Perdue nearly died'

Sad but true.

Dubai Blue said:
oakiecokie said:
I`ve never stated that he does agree with the red card

Really?

oakiecokie said:
I don`t understand Mancini ref an appeal !! He claims that BOTH players should have walked

oakiecokie said:
It doesn`t matter one iota what you or I think as Bobby is admitting that it was a sending off

oakiecokie said:
So even Bobby agrees that it WAS a sending off

oakiecokie said:
I was really pointing this out to all those Blue Moaners who have repeatadly stated on this thread,that it WASN`T a sending off. With Bobby now claiming it was,.......................

oakiecokie said:
.........something which his own manager is now saying merited a sending off.

That's five separate occasions where you have quite explicitly stated that Mancini believes it was a red card.

You can debate the merits of Mancini making his comments at this time, and I agree that he should have kept his mouth shut by hiding behind the "we're appealing so can't comment" line.

But his comments are quite clear cut to me: i.e., "Nasri was stupid for jumping up and getting involved. He should have either stayed on the floor or simply walked away, and he will be disciplined for ignoring my repeated instructions not to get involved in situations like this. That said, his actions never merited a red card, and even if they did, surely the other player should have been sent off too. As such, we'll be appealing."

Well have to hold my hands up DB and say "caught red handed" mate. ;) Can`t argue with that although my main point was (and nowhere near written correctly) that Bobby couldn`t argue if he saw the video and saw them head to head.People believe that because NO head butt was forthcoming then he shouldn`t have walked.But the law don`t work like that as players can be booked or sent off for "intent",something which fans on here don`t understand nor Bobby either it seems.
There now appears to be another version from Bobby and as I`ve said before he`s changing his tune again (I know,just like me ;) ) after his initial thoughts after the game when tempers are running high.
Don`t agree with you not giving me some leaway with the first quote you`ve dragged out,as even now he`s saying that if one goes both should go,something I agree with and hence my other quotes based on his initial wording to the press.
However do you not agree that it seems a strange thing to say that Nasri would be fined even before an appeal has gone through ????

Skashion said:
oakiecokie, you've been proven wrong. You're making yourself look an idiot by pretending you never said something which you clearly did say.

Perhaps our Manager should keep to his original quotes and NOT change them every five minutes.Tell me then oh wise one,why would your manager say that Nasri would pay the "fine" if in his opinion he`s NOT guilty.
Thank you Ironside. ;)<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:31 am --<br /><br />
MaineRoadBlue said:
As a Referee of many years standing it cannot be judge as SFP (Serious Foul Play) as the whistle had been blown and the game had long since stopped.

It will be assessed purely as VC (Violent Conduct)

As it was the assistant who saw it and not the referee, we might have a chance. The problem is however is the referee will be shown footage of the incident and asked the simple question 'Now you have seen the incident, what action would you have taken at the time if you had witnessed it live?'

Now our problem is that all Premier League officials are part of the PGMO and in short they will support each other to the death. Nasri's slight flick is all they need to justify saying 'It's the most violent thing they have seen on a Field of Play since Van Perdue nearly died'

Sad but true.

Ah sense at last from someone who knows the laws.We all know the problem is about the interpretation of any rules and this is where they need to be consistent.See RVP from the previous week,what was that all about,as the intent was clear,yes ?

Hinchcliffe's header said:
quiet_riot said:
No-one but me seems to be mentioning that the 'flick' or 'butt' that Nasri's sent off for is actually just 2 sweaty heads sliding off each other!

Absolutely spot on. linesman miss-read it completely. We can only assume that both would have been yellow cards if Nasri's head hadn't slid off to the side, making it look like a 'butting attempt' to the linesman at that side.

Common sense should prevail, but you do get the feeling that any appeal is like pissing in the wind.
Why would both received yellows? Bassong didn't receive anything.<br /><br />-- Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:34 am --<br /><br />
oakiecokie said:
I`m repeating what Bobby has told the media,nothing more,nothing less.However Bobby has already said that Samir was wrong and will pay the fine.
WTF does that tell you then ? Not my words but the bossman.
He also said it wasn't a red and was wrong. You forgot that again in your haste to mis-represent Mancni's comments?

Why do you think "touch" equates to a red? RVP certainly "touched" heads last week and it was fine and dandy.

You really are a big girl if you think contact now equates to a red.

SWP's back said:
quiet_riot said:
No-one but me seems to be mentioning that the 'flick' or 'butt' that Nasri's sent off for is actually just 2 sweaty heads sliding off each other!

Absolutely spot on. linesman miss-read it completely. We can only assume that both would have been yellow cards if Nasri's head hadn't slid off to the side, making it look like a 'butting attempt' to the linesman at that side.

Common sense should prevail, but you do get the feeling that any appeal is like pissing in the wind.
Why would both received yellows? Bassong didn't receive anything.

How many times have we seen the instigator get away without a booking and its the other player who carries the can for retaliation.

Dubai Blue said:
oakiecokie said:
I`ve never stated that he does agree with the red card

Really?

oakiecokie said:
I don`t understand Mancini ref an appeal !! He claims that BOTH players should have walked

oakiecokie said:
It doesn`t matter one iota what you or I think as Bobby is admitting that it was a sending off

oakiecokie said:
So even Bobby agrees that it WAS a sending off

oakiecokie said:
I was really pointing this out to all those Blue Moaners who have repeatadly stated on this thread,that it WASN`T a sending off. With Bobby now claiming it was,.......................

oakiecokie said:
.........something which his own manager is now saying merited a sending off.

That's five separate occasions where you have quite explicitly stated that Mancini believes it was a red card.

You can debate the merits of Mancini making his comments at this time, and I agree that he should have kept his mouth shut by hiding behind the "we're appealing so can't comment" line.

But his comments are quite clear cut to me: i.e., "Nasri was stupid for jumping up and getting involved. He should have either stayed on the floor or simply walked away, and he will be disciplined for ignoring my repeated instructions not to get involved in situations like this. That said, his actions never merited a red card, and even if they did, surely the other player should have been sent off too. As such, we'll be appealing."
All of this.

SWP's back said:
quiet_riot said:

I'd have Bassong tested for over-active subaceous glands mate, if it can be shown that had an impact, then we have a case.

SWP's back said:
quiet_riot said:

-- Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:34 am --

oakiecokie said:
I`m repeating what Bobby has told the media,nothing more,nothing less.However Bobby has already said that Samir was wrong and will pay the fine.
WTF does that tell you then ? Not my words but the bossman.
He also said it wasn't a red and was wrong. You forgot that again in your haste to mis-represent Mancni's comments?

Why do you think "touch" equates to a red? RVP certainly "touched" heads last week and it was fine and dandy.

You really are a big girl if you think contact now equates to a red.

And by the same token Mancini also said if Nasri is guilty the so is the other player.Would just like to know why Bobby feels the need to claim Nasri would be fined,if he`s not guilty in his eyes.What a stupid comment to make,since we are appealing a fine may not be forthcoming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.