Fuck you FIFA
What happened to ffp
I hate city
This isn't fair

The best by far listed our squad and simply but:

'That's not a squad, that's an army!'

Love it!

BLUE ARMY!

I've got a t shirt from the club shop (years ago) with that on it, maybe they'll relaunch them

Re: United fans comments on Nasri to City

meldrew said:
Some of the comments earlier on ragcafe were priceless:

Fuck you FIFA
What happened to ffp
I hate city
This isn't fair

The best by far listed our squad and simply but:

'That's not a squad, that's an army!'

Love it!
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Arshavin23 said:
Thought 2008-09 was our most miserable season ever, I was wrong. Funny (or sad?) thing is, we're barely 2 games in and it looks like things are getting worse.

I don't mind losing Cesc and Nasri, but not getting replacements is just criminal. Getting excited about having Ricky Alvarez, then watching Wenger drag his feet for months until Inter snapped him up was bad enough. Then we lose Juan Mata to Chelsea for the exact same reason, and it becomes clear that Wenger has no intention of improving the club. Selling our best players left and right for lots of money, but who the hell are we replacing them with? Teenagers with no experience.

What was the point of the last 7 years?
Mate, I can't remember which publication I read this in but it was about 7 years ago when your stadium was in the pipeline/being built that I recall it being written that Arsenal were going to play a very high risk strategy. Apparently they guaranteed Wenger his job on the proviso that he kept Arsenal in the Champions League positions whilst the board planned an 8-9 year period of relative transfer austerity!!

The board didn't want to be saddled with the long-term debt associated with the stadium and wanted to pay it off ASAP thus making them financially stronger in the long-term, BUT it all started to unravel when the recession hit and Arsenal were struggling to sell the properties they'd built at the location of Highbury which meant they had to readjust the forecast of how long it would take to pay off the new stadium.

Wenger has always had funds available but apparently they were for topping up the squad to the tune of £20m per season or so if needed and there was more available for exceptional circumstances. Arsenal, Liverpool, ManUre & Chavski were so far ahead of the rest of the Premiership that Arsenal thought this strategy was a risk worth taking and if the odd cup or 2 was won along the way, well it would have been happy days innit!!

All I can say for this is 'The best laid plans of mice & men'!! There strategy was working acceptably until Sheikh Mansour rolled up and rocked the Premiership to it foundations bu buying Manchester City, because if ADUG's plans for us came to fruition, 5 teams would obviously not go into 4 Champions League places!! The first signs of trouble for Arsenal were when Spuds NOT City supplanted Liverpool in the top 4, and when we then beat Arsenal into 3rd place last season the Emirates top brass became increasingly worried, hence Wenger welcoming FFPR and publicly asking UEFA to investigate Manchester City.

With a lot of their star players now considering their futures at Arsenal and seemingly wanting to leave, this season is going to be the defining one for them as a club. Will Wenger spend his way out of his impending troubles or will he stick to his 'principles' and trust in homegrown talent and bargain buys to see him through?

What I read all those years ago, could have just been speculative journalism, but considering what's been happening over the last 6-7 years at Arsenal, there seems to be more than a grain of truth to what I read...........

Re: Smart move Mr Mancini

Nelly's Left Foot said:
themadinventor said:
What a nice smart move that was by Mr Mancini, play Samir nasri in the C/L and we may no longer be interested is what he was saying if you boil the words down to the bone, now he's in the bag not cup tied and plenty of C/L experience, nice move Sir........

?? It's been said by pretty well everyone for the past 2 weeks and more so hardly rocket science.

Yes I agree, but there is a world of difference between saying it and doing it, sorry for wanting to praise our manager for having the balls to put his/our team first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.