Nasri's surprising stats vs Silva

bluethunder said:
Dribble said:
bluethunder said:
against arsenal we simply didn't defend properly . clichy, kompany, lescott and zabalete were sleeping during the 90 minutes. if we kept a clean sheet we could have e won that game.

it was later revealed that the players were tired after a busy week.

i don't see the problem with our 4-2-2-2, it is actually quite flexible, we can quickly change into a 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1 or 3-5-2 without making substitutions as well.
4-2-2-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1 or 3-5-2......... You sound a bit like Mike Bassett there mate. :-)

Seeing as Negredo scored against Arsenal, it's quite obvious if we'd kept a clean sheet we'd have won! Lol

On a more serious note; As I've been saying all along its not the formation that's the issue, it's the players we use in that system where we fall down. Silva and Nasri aren't wingers. They are both better employed playing behind the main striker or in a central midfield role creating attacks or in Nasri's case as a deep lying play maker.

we cannot have nasri as a deep lying playmaker...the deep lying play makers must be capable of defending. we bought him to play in an attacking midfield role.

nasri definitely doesn't fit into our system he's made that clear himself:

"At Arsenal I was playing a little bit higher with three strikers and three midfielders. Here we play 4-4-2 so you have to work more defensively." - Nasri

we're not going to change our system to suit nasri so if the lad doesnt improve soon id sell him.

David Silva has had no problems since his arrival. He's had the most assists in 2011 season. Last season he 's had the best chance per minute rate in the league.

You talk sense re Nasri and Silva.

There's not a cat in hell's chance he can play as a deep midfielder for the reasons you state. I seem to remember him being slotted in there a time or two for half an hour by Mancini and it doesn't work because he can't defend and has no physical presence. The only way to play him in this central role everyone keeps saying he deserves is to play him in the middle of the three in the 4231. However both Ya Ya Toure and David Silva are miles more effective in this role, so he's not going to get that (although he got half an hour in that role against Bayern).

If I'm honest he was a wierd buy: a player in an area we didn't really need. I'd be surprised if he gets more than cameos this season not that Navas is here. And I also agree that Silva is one of the best players in Europe. I wouldn't swap him for a single player in the Premier LEague. Not one. He's a match winner. He dominates games. He frightens defenders. He opens teams up.

Kun Aguero said:
Stat's are like chocolate teapots, fucking useless. If you base everything on stats then you spend 20 million on Stuart fucking Downing. If you watch the game either on tv or at The Etihad then you would see Nasri's a talented bottler and Silva's world class. I wish we got Mata for the Silva money.
Go and tell the managers and coaches that stats are useless cause they operate the running of their teams, and the selling and buying of players, on them.

I like the videos, keep them coming. All those who have issues with them please try to refrain from pressing the play button.
Nasri was brilliant for Arsenal & in what I considered to be up there with our best 45 minutes of last season at Newcastle he was awesome until getting injured.

bluethunder said:
Dribble said:
bluethunder said:
against arsenal we simply didn't defend properly . clichy, kompany, lescott and zabalete were sleeping during the 90 minutes. if we kept a clean sheet we could have e won that game.

it was later revealed that the players were tired after a busy week.

i don't see the problem with our 4-2-2-2, it is actually quite flexible, we can quickly change into a 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1 or 3-5-2 without making substitutions as well.
4-2-2-2, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-1-1 or 3-5-2......... You sound a bit like Mike Bassett there mate. :-)

Seeing as Negredo scored against Arsenal, it's quite obvious if we'd kept a clean sheet we'd have won! Lol

On a more serious note; As I've been saying all along its not the formation that's the issue, it's the players we use in that system where we fall down. Silva and Nasri aren't wingers. They are both better employed playing behind the main striker or in a central midfield role creating attacks or in Nasri's case as a deep lying play maker.

we cannot have nasri as a deep lying playmaker...the deep lying play makers must be capable of defending. we bought him to play in an attacking midfield role.

Nasri definitely doesn't fit into our system he's made that clear himself:

"At Arsenal I was playing a little bit higher with three strikers and three midfielders. Here we play 4-4-2 so you have to work more defensively." - Nasri

we're not going to change our system to suit Nasri so if the lad doesn't improve soon id sell him.

David Silva has had no problems since his arrival. He's had the most assists in 2011 season. Last season he 's had the best chance per minute rate in the league.

How good at defending are Pirlo or Xavi?

Of course Nasri can defend, but with the current set up that we have, defending isn't his main priority. Are you seriously saying that you've NEVER seen Nasri tackle anyone?

Again when the names of Pirlo or Xavi are mentioned, how many people refer to their tackling prowess? Nasri is a special talent who we've incorrectly utilised and I'd have no problem putting him in where it hurts as even the player himself and 3 of his previous managers have said that's where they see him in the future and that future is now.

795557_Champions_League_Team.jpg

With this line up at home, I'd be confident that our defence would be rock solid and that we'd pass teams to death and have a rapier like point to our attack that would frighten the lives out of most teams.

If under pressure, Fernandinho drops back and we adopt a familiar 4-2-1-3, but whilst on the attack, it's been proved that we need extra bodies in the penalty area so what's the point of having two midflieders just sat there when the additional advanced body in and around the oppositions penalty area would cause them havoc?

If the attack breaks down, Fernadinho has the ability to get back and help out, but there'll already be 4 defenders and a play-making defensive midfielder waiting for the opposition attackers. With who we have in advanced positions, I couldn't see too many teams wanting to be that cavalier against us TBH.

Caveman said:
Kun Aguero said:
Stat's are like chocolate teapots, fucking useless. If you base everything on stats then you spend 20 million on Stuart fucking Downing. If you watch the game either on tv or at The Etihad then you would see Nasri's a talented bottler and Silva's world class. I wish we got Mata for the Silva money.
Go and tell the managers and coaches that stats are useless cause they operate the running of their teams, and the selling and buying of players, on them.

Stats are related to what happens. It's the level of detail you go into that matters and the insight you add. Not stats, nor observation really explore the different roles given to Nasri and Silva by Mancini.
But for example a heat map of the average positions, graphics of all the passes completed and a chart of numbers and averages with assists etc would probably tell you all you need to know.

I'd predict that Nasri would have a much greater time on the ball per possession he has and his passes forward would be a much lower percentage.

But if you can't back up an opinion with evidence - you might just be wrong.

Dribble said:
bluethunder said:
Dribble said:

we're not going to change our system to suit Nasri so if the lad doesn't improve soon id sell him.

Of course Nasri can defend, but with the current set up that we have, defending isn't his main priority. Are you seriously saying that you've NEVER seen Nasri tackle anyone?

Again when the names of Pirlo or Xavi are mentioned, how many people refer to their tackling prowess? Nasri is a special talent who we've incorrectly utilised and I'd have no problem putting him in where it hurts as even the player himself and 3 of his previous managers have said that's where they see him in the future and that future is now.

With this line up at home, I'd be confident that our defence would be rock solid and that we'd pass teams to death and have a rapier like point to our attack that would frighten the lives out of most teams.

If under pressure, Fernandinho drops back and we adopt a familiar 4-2-1-3, but whilst on the attack, it's been proved that we need extra bodies in the penalty area so what's the point of having two midflieders just sat there when the additional advanced body in and around the oppositions penalty area would cause them havoc?

If the attack breaks down, Fernadinho has the ability to get back and help out, but there'll already be 4 defenders and a play-making defensive midfielder waiting for the opposition attackers. With who we have in advanced positions, I couldn't see too many teams wanting to be that cavalier against us TBH.

it would be impossible to deploy nasri as a DM.

CM is possible.

795647_Champions_League_Team.jpg

then again, we're not likely to switch to 4-3-3.

Extremely frustrating player, he seems to have lost all the directness he had at Arsenal whether that is through coaching instructions or confidence I don't know but every game he does the same thing over and over again, he tries to take a player on turns back with his back to the opposition player, holds on to the ball far too long and then passes it back rinse and repeat. Clearly a talented player though so hopefully he can flourish this season under Pellegrini.

What stat is this? How he stops and turns on the ball constantly whilst shielding the ball from the opposition for 90 minutes? Or is it how many more pathetic injuries he's had like dead legs and a cold

Dribble said:
bluethunder said:
Dribble said:

Do you REALLY think Nasri would be an effective defensive midfielder? Especially with the clientèle in this formation.

Speaking as someone who has experience working as a performance analyst in professional football, this would not be advisable.

That team above with Nasri holding would get cut through like butter. Nowhere near enough physicality/steel in the middle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.