Nastasić (cont) UPDATE. done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nastasić

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Stoned Rose said:
Should happen today.

imo a very very good piece of business. I've watched this lad a few times and he's already a very good player at Serie A level. I imagine Bob and co will help him develop and improve even further. He has been watched by a host of CL clubs. At 19 we could get many many years of service from him.

If Savic ends up going in the other direction, then that's even better. Savic may well be a good player but we'll never know - his confidence was clearly shattered following a couple of big early errors and he never recovered from it. A shame as that can't be easy for any young player playing under such a spotlight.

Hopefully Savic can 'start again' in Serie A and regain his early promise. I wish him all the best.

For those of us who've never seen him play, can you give us more? Strengths? Weaknesses? Passing ability? Power? Pace? etc etc. The only other poster I know who's seen him on a regular basis reckoned he was raw, overpriced at £12m, and something of a gamble.

I'm no talent scout but I would say his strengths are his composure on the ball and vision/passing ability. TBH I can't recall him being tested in the air very often but that may come down to the gradual build-up of the Italian game - physicality will likely need some improvement.

Last season Fiorentina gave up the fewest goals of any Serie A team outside the Top 3 but they also scored the fewest; as a supporter their games were very painful to watch (thankfully they're a very different team this year). Nasty may need some time to settle into the English game but I do believe he will come good. Hopefully the fans will give him more of a chance than Savic got.

mad zab said:
de niro said:
ethan23 said:
you sir must either be an idiot or American... or possibly both. Do you remember city beating united 6-1?!... shall we just write them off as a club as well now? I think mancini knows a little bit more than you

cut this shit out hey.

what did he say wrong?

no swear words just pointing out the guy's lack of football knowledge!

sorry, dont know what i was thinking.

onceabluealways said:
Bale on his day is capable of giving any fullback a torid time. You can't judge a player on one bad performance - Even Vinny has them
I was at the Sunderland game this year at the Etihad and Bendtner gave Kompany a hiding.

Very excited about this one, saw him play live when he was at partizan and looked a very promising centre back fulfilled expectation at fiorentina. I expect him to slot in well

ATXcitizen said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Stoned Rose said:
Should happen today.

imo a very very good piece of business. I've watched this lad a few times and he's already a very good player at Serie A level. I imagine Bob and co will help him develop and improve even further. He has been watched by a host of CL clubs. At 19 we could get many many years of service from him.

If Savic ends up going in the other direction, then that's even better. Savic may well be a good player but we'll never know - his confidence was clearly shattered following a couple of big early errors and he never recovered from it. A shame as that can't be easy for any young player playing under such a spotlight.

Hopefully Savic can 'start again' in Serie A and regain his early promise. I wish him all the best.

For those of us who've never seen him play, can you give us more? Strengths? Weaknesses? Passing ability? Power? Pace? etc etc. The only other poster I know who's seen him on a regular basis reckoned he was raw, overpriced at £12m, and something of a gamble.

I'm no talent scout but I would say his strengths are his composure on the ball and vision/passing ability. TBH I can't recall him being tested in the air very often but that may come down to the gradual build-up of the Italian game - physicality will likely need some improvement.

Last season Fiorentina gave up the fewest goals of any Serie A team outside the Top 3 but they also scored the fewest; as a supporter their games were very painful to watch (thankfully they're a very different team this year). Nasty may need some time to settle into the English game but I do believe he will come good. Hopefully the fans will give him more of a chance than Savic got.

Is he pacy?

The only problem i have with young players especially defenders is that savic looked great in a different league and for international but premier league a different ball game altogether and he has found that i would rather someone older and more experienced

Been in all day meetings could someone pm me an update on the latest please, much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.