Nastasic is overrated

Challenger1978 said:
Nastasic is overrated the same way you lot over rated Michael Johnson and called him the next Colin Bell. Nastasic is a good young player that could develop in to a truly world class player one day, if he keeps his head down, he' just not their yet.

Last thing the lads needs though is you lot blowing smoke up his arse. Near enough every time we do that with a young lad it goes to their bleeding head and a couple of years latter they go to pot.

Johnson at this age was better than nasty is right now. I agree that some posters are going over the top, well last season they were but you can see that treated right he will develop in to some player.

de niro said:
Challenger1978 said:
Nastasic is overrated the same way you lot over rated Michael Johnson and called him the next Colin Bell. Nastasic is a good young player that could develop in to a truly world class player one day, if he keeps his head down, he' just not their yet.

Last thing the lads needs though is you lot blowing smoke up his arse. Near enough every time we do that with a young lad it goes to their bleeding head and a couple of years latter they go to pot.

Johnson at this age was better than nasty is right now. I agree that some posters are going over the top, well last season they were but you can see that treated right he will develop in to some player.

Yeah i agree if developed properly there's a good chance he will turn in to a truly world class player. He's just needs to keep his head down and keep working on getting better. Last thing we need though is him being over hyped and then the daft sods believes that hype. As that sort of things has ruined loads of young footballers over the years.

de niro said:
Challenger1978 said:

But is he ready NOW to be a permanent fixture in a team that wants to win the CL? I think not, and I'd be surprised if we don't sign a top quality experienced centre back to partner Kompany.

hgblue said:
de niro said:
Challenger1978 said:

But is he ready NOW to be a permanent fixture in a team that wants to win the CL? I think not, and I'd be surprised if we don't sign a top quality experienced centre back to partner Kompany.

and you'd have to yes to this too, I still think if we use lescott as back up v thugs etc the kid will come on nicely this year. most certainly by the 2014/5 season.

Obviously at 19 and coming from another country and different league, being thrown in the deep at Bernabeu, the lad has done exceptionally well. And on a very consistant level. Ofcourse he's not the finished article, nor is Kompany. Just the thought of having Nasty around for a long period and just imagine how good he can become when he's at the top of his life as a pro-football player. Overrated? Not really sure why this one's been put in at all.

I just ignore journalism about City now, and have done since the second takeover in 2008, its just always pointless snipes and sensationalist bollocks.

stony said:
At least according to some know nowt nob end from GIVEMESPORT. I've never heard of them either.

When Manchester City signed him, they were expecting a future world-class defender and - for me - he hasn't fit the billing. Nastasic, like many other players, are rated highly solely because of their age and team's stature - and he isn't accomplished to perform on the highest European

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.givemesport.com/341933-premier-league-overrated-xi?undertone=off&utm_source=Outbrain-20-Articles&utm_medium=Outbrain-20-Articles&utm_campaign=Outbrain-20-Articles#comments" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.givemesport.com/341933-premi ... s#comments</a>

How can you over rate the under rated? Pathetic.

He's underrated by the mainstream audience imo. Jones is the second coming of Maldini and Nastasic is the forgotten man it seems. Not once have I heard nasty get spoken of in the way Jones has been yet Nasty is treble the player and both cost the same. Dear me, they got robbed well and truly. If it were Liverpool who signed Jones I am absolutely sure as shit he'd be heckled by the rags, instead he's their new Edwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.