Nastasic is overrated

niall'sdiscoshorts said:
spot on with this though

Centre-midfielder: Tom Cleverley | Manchester United

Marmite figure Cleverley is one you either love or hate, and I think he is just an average player. It is too regular a theme that if you're a younger player at a bigger club then you are automatically considered incredible, and this is a stereotype that has to stop. Cleverley has started all of England's World Cup qualifiers this season and has left his mark on none of them, with him being a virtual spectator.

It's spot on apart from the first sentence being completely self-contradictory.

My one complaint about nasty would be he's a bit slow to react at times and he's not the quickest for someone so young.

lastmanback said:
My one complaint about nasty would be he's a bit slow to react at times and he's not the quickest for someone so young.

I'd have to disagree with you there. Plus the kid reads the game so well he is rarely out of position so doesn't need to sprint his bollocks off and make a last ditch tackle.

stony said:
At least according to some know nowt nob end from GIVEMESPORT. I've never heard of them either.

When Manchester City signed him, they were expecting a future world-class defender and - for me - he hasn't fit the billing. Nastasic, like many other players, are rated highly solely because of their age and team's stature - and he isn't accomplished to perform on the highest European

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.givemesport.com/341933-premier-league-overrated-xi?undertone=off&utm_source=Outbrain2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.givemesport.com/341933-premi ... =Outbrain2</a>. Matija Nastasić | Manchester City

I prefer to look at the facts:

Nastasić has been an absolute revelation for Manchester City this season, drawing praise from multiple avenues and even being tipped to surpass his Serbian team-mate Nemanja Vidic in terms of attributes.

The talented 20-year-old has an average 65% success rate in the air, but what he lacks aerially he makes up for on the ground with a staggering 96% tackle rate - which is the highest amongst any Premier League centre-back. He makes a decent contribution with one interception game on average and has never let a mistake lead to a goal.

This young man has many years ahead of him and, given a couple of seasons as a first-team player, he could very well develop into a world-class centre-back in a short space of time. A very promising prospect for City as they will look to resume their hunt for silverware in the coming seasons.-20-Articles&utm_medium=Outbrain-20-Articles&utm_campaign=Outbrain-20-Articles#comments

Nasty is a great defender, but we do ever so slightly overrate him. Take a step back boys and let him develop on his own, without our expectation and pressure.

Phuket Blue said:
stony said:
At least according to some know nowt nob end from GIVEMESPORT. I've never heard of them either.

When Manchester City signed him, they were expecting a future world-class defender and - for me - he hasn't fit the billing. Nastasic, like many other players, are rated highly solely because of their age and team's stature - and he isn't accomplished to perform on the highest European

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.givemesport.com/341933-premier-league-overrated-xi?undertone=off&utm_source=Outbrain2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.givemesport.com/341933-premi ... =Outbrain2</a>. Matija Nastasić | Manchester City

I prefer to look at the facts:

Nastasić has been an absolute revelation for Manchester City this season, drawing praise from multiple avenues and even being tipped to surpass his Serbian team-mate Nemanja Vidic in terms of attributes.

The talented 20-year-old has an average 65% success rate in the air, but what he lacks aerially he makes up for on the ground with a staggering 96% tackle rate- which is the highest amongst any Premier League centre-back. He makes a decent contribution with one interception game on average and has never let a mistake lead to a goal.

This young man has many years ahead of him and, given a couple of seasons as a first-team player, he could very well develop into a world-class centre-back in a short space of time. A very promising prospect for City as they will look to resume their hunt for silverware in the coming seasons.-20-Articles&utm_medium=Outbrain-20-Articles&utm_campaign=Outbrain-20-Articles#comments

Three percent better than Lescott's stats the season before. Nasty has improved on almost perfection.

Random j...
Spot on mate.. he reads the game so well for such a young lad, if the media and fans who don't know what there talking about just leave him alone, we will have a cracker in a few years..!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.