Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
This escalated quickly ,he caught my eye when I used to watch some of the kids games,i am very happy with this one,the price is a bit higher than I would have thought but it is fine

Good work txiki
Caught your eyes ? Nothing gets past kaz

With his signing it means we are not pursuing David Alaba anymore. Alaba could had been our first choice at LB and could had covered for Laporte at LCB. Ake is a bit meh signing like Scott Sinclair and Fabian Delph. Hope i am proven wrong and he prove value for money.

I think Zinch will def go but Redbull have said they cant afford Angelino due to the affects of Covid19 - so i reckon there maybe another year added tot he loan

City might lower the pricetag but it’s clear as day Angelino is off. And Stones is not better than Garcia mate, come on. Eric made an instant impact when he started playing for us. Reads the game so well, time his tackles excellent. He is a better defender than Stones, no doubt.

Any one else concerned that he's not over 6ft. We are a small team and need a big bugger at the back.

That’s the only thing about Aké that stops me from getting overly excited. I’m still concerned about lack of height in our team when facing set pieces and corners, even though we improved on that from last season.
But lack of speed at the back has also been a major concern so Aké will do a fine job with that. And he seen really good at jumping so we might be ok!

Can't see Laporte and Ake playing as a pair. Neither i suspect would be comfortable playing on the right-side. But i also can't see Ake only playing when Laporte is injured/rested. That would be ridiculous.

Can see us signing a top LB. And then selling both Zinchenko and Mendy and have Ake as our second choice LCB and LB.

Think we’ll sell Zinchenko but keep Mendy as nobody would buy him. Probably his last chance to cement the spot but Cancelo could take it off him if his head is right and Ake could provide some additional cover there.

Can't see Laporte and Ake playing as a pair. Neither i suspect would be comfortable playing on the right-side. But i also can't see Ake only playing when Laporte is injured/rested. That would be ridiculous..

Well, that's exactly Aké's choice.
Play often in a lesser team
or compete against top players for minutes in a top team,
while picking up some silver ware every now and then.

It's not ridiculous, incoming players exactly know Pep or any other coach will rotate
to play 60 matches per season. And we want competition on any position.

i dont think Ake's any better than garcia, so its no from me, unless garcia is on his way out its a waste of money

Just getting caught up here, but glad to see this looks done. Re-purposing the Sane money (plus some) for Ake + Torres right at the start of the window seems good business.

Guessing now we will shift toward clearing out some surplus and the loan Army (Zin, Angelino, Ota/Stones, Herrera, etc.) while working on a right footed CB - either Koulibaly or othewise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.