Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League is filled with big and physical players. Aké is great but maybe not a rock like Koulibaly. We concede a lot on set-pieces and corners. I hope Aké is enough in these situations.

We concede a lot on set pieces and corners do we? That's odd because we conceded only 4 goals from corners this season.

One of those was Kenny McLean from Norwich who is shorter than Aké.

Who are all these big physical players scoring goals?

Laporte , Koulibaly , Garcia , Ake

No. reason NOT TO STAY

Hopefully , extends soon

Laporte Ake Stone Tosin maybe Koulibaly is where I see it ending up, Tosin and Garcia interchangeable all depends on the Barca situation and if he signs a contract.

Chelsea have a lot of CBs. Would they be prepared to shell out that sort of dough on another one? Yes; I'm aware that we have our share of CBs as well. But at least two of them will almost definitely be shipped out this summer. Maybe 3, if Garcia goes as well (hopefully not).

If Chelsea want Ake, I’d happily buy Christensen off them.

You can't really compare because most of the aerial battles our defenders are in are in space. they punt up a long ball, our defenders have time and space to attack the ball.

With Bournemouth a lot more of it is back foot defending from standstill.
He's not bad in the air, can play and also a threat in opposition box at set pieces

He's scores his fair share of headers for someone who's not good in the air...

Anyway, I'm most impressed by his ability to compete with players like Zaha, Rashford, Mane, etc, on the ground and match them up without being left for dead.

Our centre halves currently get rinsed by Pukki so Ake's speed will be very welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.