Nathan Ake

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this is true. I'd love to keep him but realistically keeping 4 centre backs of that level happy is impossible. Especially with a left back seemingly on the way.

If we sell him for £50m, who is attainable for the same fee (or less) on similar salary who matches (or exceeds) his level of performance?

The fee sounds good, but I’m not sure it’s worth our while unless he’s desperate to move and wants to front their revolution (fair enough if he does).

Got to love this place sometimes

Any player that gets linked away from us we HAVE to keep even if they are a squad player who its quoted is going to leave for a VERY reasonable fee

Sane I understand the frustration of not wanting to sell....but when players like Ake, who has only and 19 starts in Two seasons gets linked away for £50mil (enough to get much better players) we can't

Same applies for Zinchenko, he's alright but if we get £40mil for him it's a very good deal

I'd take the £50m and run personally (even if we got a £40m - getting our money back - I'd take it).

He's a good lad and has been decent enough when called upon, but he's very replaceable.

I've made the argument before, but that 4th choice CB slot should be going to someone like Mbete, Harwood-Bellis, Doyle.

We don't need another £40m player to give us 1500 minutes of so-so performances over the course of the season. Take a punt and put some trust into one of our own - we have some incredibly talented CB's on our books already.

It won't happen and we'll go and spunk £50m on Pau Torres (who I think is bang average), but I'm confident we will be back in the same place in a couple of seasons having this conversation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.