NBA 2019/20

Warriors absolutely humbled last night, did anyone watch it?

They've lost vitally important players, I can see them struggling all season. the equivalent of 2014 Man City losing Vinny, Yaya & Silva.

I don't follow the NBA as closely as I used to in my secondary school/college days - I was a Houston Rockets guy, T-Mac was literally the main reason I gravitated towards them, he still remains my favourite NBA player of all time.

I literally can't be arsed with the regular season these days, aside from a few tasty match-ups here and there, it is mind-numbingly dull to sit through 82 games - the playoffs are a different animal all together, but I still can't get myself to watch games 1-3 of any playoff game. I kind of just tune in on nights where elimination is on the line for one of the teams.

I made a point of watching more NBA this season. I've been highly entertained by the Rockets since they traded Capela away and aquired Covington. I didn't think they had a chance to come out of the western conference - I had them down at best as a one-and-done team, but since the trade, Westbrook has exploded with the predictable extra space in the paint and Covington has been a wonderful addition as an extra 3pt shooter and a defensive option.

The plan appears to be allow Westbrook and Harden the space to go iso when they want, and if that doesn't work they're surrounded with shooters, both players being exceptional at finding open shooters - the Rockets lead the league in wide open 3pt shots.

I now have them down as the 3rd best, possibly 2nd best, team in the west - and I'm convinced nobody wants draw them in the play-offs.

I made a point of watching more NBA this season. I've been highly entertained by the Rockets since they traded Capela away and aquired Covington. I didn't think they had a chance to come out of the western conference - I had them down at best as a one-and-done team, but since the trade, Westbrook has exploded with the predictable extra space in the paint and Covington has been a wonderful addition as an extra 3pt shooter and a defensive option.

The plan appears to be allow Westbrook and Harden the space to go iso when they want, and if that doesn't work they're surrounded with shooters, both players being exceptional at finding open shooters - the Rockets lead the league in wide open 3pt shots.

I now have them down as the 3rd best, possibly 2nd best, team in the west - and I'm convinced nobody wants draw them in the play-offs.
Pretty much every potential playoff matchup in the West this year looks tasty.

Even if a Portland or new Orleans manages to scrape through, that is an interesting matchup against the lakers.

I know Toronto has been on a tear but I honestly can't see anyone getting past milwaukee this year through the east.

I don't follow the NBA as closely as I used to in my secondary school/college days - I was a Houston Rockets guy, T-Mac was literally the main reason I gravitated towards them, he still remains my favourite NBA player of all time.

I literally can't be arsed with the regular season these days, aside from a few tasty match-ups here and there, it is mind-numbingly dull to sit through 82 games - the playoffs are a different animal all together, but I still can't get myself to watch games 1-3 of any playoff game. I kind of just tune in on nights where elimination is on the line for one of the teams.
I was a Grant Hill man as a kid in the 90s. He was a cracking player. Tracy McGrady was really good. But like Hill and Vince Carter, McGrady never fulfilled his potential due to injuries.

The game when Houston were losing by 8 points with 35 seconds to play and McGrady scored 13 points to win the game is legendary!

I loved Grant Hill though

Before his injuries he had an incredible Triple Double record (got more between 1995-1999 than the greatest, MJ, managed between 1988-1997).

I even had a pair of Fila Grant Hill’s when I played on the school basketball team
hf1cfcahyrqssvubebpp.jpg

I don’t watch the NBA much anymore, mostly because of getting tired of timeouts ruining games, but I do like Giannis Antetokounmpo. He’s a cracking player, got it all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much every potential playoff matchup in the West this year looks tasty.

Even if a Portland or new Orleans manages to scrape through, that is an interesting matchup against the lakers.

I know Toronto has been on a tear but I honestly can't see anyone getting past milwaukee this year through the east.

Yeah, I agree. I think Rockets would match up well with pretty much any team due to them being so different in their style and having probably best backcourt duo in the league.

The Bucks do appear to be unstoppable, but I felt that way about them last season too, until they ran into Kawhi, Siakam & co, but you're probably right, a Kawhi-less Raptors will likely find it tough to overcome the Bucks again.

If the Rockets don't get the ring, I would honestly love Giannis to get his. Incredible player and (despite his consistent digs at Harden) he's a thoroughly likeable guy who you can't help but root for.

I was a Grant Hill man as a kid in the 90s. He was a cracking player. Tracy McGrady was really good. But like Hill and Vince Carter, McGrady never fulfilled his potential due to injuries.

The game when Houston were losing by 8 points with 35 seconds to play and McGrady scored 13 points to win the game is legendary!

I loved Grant Hill though

Before his injuries he had an incredible Triple Double record (got more between 1995-1999 than the greatest, MJ, managed between 1988-1997).

I even had a pair of Fila Grant Hill’s when I played on the school basketball team
hf1cfcahyrqssvubebpp.jpg

I don’t watch the NBA much anymore, mostly because of getting tired of timeouts ruining games, but I do like Giannis Antetokounmpo. He’s a cracking player, got it all!

Hill was an incredible player. Such a shame that McGrady moved to Orlando to play with him, and they would have been an incredible duo, if Hill had just managed to stay out of the treatment room for long enough.

I remember watching highlights of that game in the school library. My best mate back then was a big Tim Duncan guy - that was great day for me :)

I'm glad McGrady didn't end up getting the ring with Spurs, when he was pretty much just sat on the bench the whole time - it wouldn't have meant anything and I generally don't like it when old, ring-less, formerly elite players start chasing rings by sitting on the bench for title contending teams 12-18 months before retirement. Carter, for example, has actively avoided doing that and I've always respected him for it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.