NBC (USA) show EVERY premier league game live all season!

Re: NBC (USA) show EVERY premier league game live all season

buckshot said:
DalbeyINUK said:
FogBlueInSanFran said:
Indeed. Every match is on a different network live in the States Sunday.

What's funny is Soton v. Rags is on the SyFy Channel. Oh, how how the mighty have fallen (on their corpulent, arrogant asses).

SyFy that is fantastic! Next year they'll hopefully be on the home shopping network.

I could see them on Comedy Central.

No, the United Supporters want to see science fiction, like successful footballers playing in red.

I've been loving their coverage. I mean, you can't really complain really when before this we had to make do with crappy internet streams mostly. The only thing I don't like is the constant commercial breaks. I've only lived in the US for the last 2 years and don't really watch that much cable tv, so I'm not used to it I guess, but it's very irritating when they cut to a break and then come back after the break just say "join us after the break for analysis and hightlights" and then cut to another break. Wtf is that about?

Barker said:
I've been loving their coverage. I mean, you can't really complain really when before this we had to make do with crappy internet streams mostly. The only thing I don't like is the constant commercial breaks. I've only lived in the US for the last 2 years and don't really watch that much cable tv, so I'm not used to it. It's very irritating when they cut to break and then come back after the break just say "join us after the break for analysis and hightlights" and then cut to another break. Wtf is that about?

Not surprising really. The time I spent there watching American Football and Basketball taught me that there is nothing Americans like more than taking a 60 minute game and drawing out to three and a half hours so they can fit as many adverts as possible between the action. Since they cannot do that with continuous play sports like football they have to do "corner-screen" adverts and pack the half-time show with more purchased time. And Americans accept it as it gives them time to debate tangential aspects of the referees last decision, grab more beer, use the toilet, and then check the scores of every other game, in every other sport going on that day.

From what I have read American football used to legitimately take 90-100 minutes (reasonable for a 60 minute game) until the broadcasters began quietly pushing for additional advert time and so the NFL slowly introduced "TV Timeouts".

Can you imagine if the FA did the same with football in England? "And on that throw-in we'll take a short 30 second break for our sponsors!"

There is a reason American football players struggle to get through even a normal football training, much less a full match.

MCFCinUSA said:
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Their coverage has been excellent all season - especially considering it is on "free" TV - just hope it stays that way and not start charging for it. Think they have built up a good audience and am amazed at how many people here watch it.

One question - Robbie Mustoe?

I've actually been impressed with their studio team, Robbie Earle has been impressive & far beyond the usual dross you see featured on most UK programmes - kudos to NBC, and I hope as you say MadEye they 'keep it real' for next season!

Not so sure about this proposed crap though: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/may/08/morrissey-biopic-film-steven-the-smiths" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/m ... the-smiths</a>

;o)

LOL
You are right about Robbie Earle, I do like him - as for Mustoe, I just console myself in the fact he is not Warren Barton!

kawkav said:
FromPollockToSilva said:
Sorry if this has been covered already, but did anyone ever get this to work via VPN? My American fiancé's folks have just got AT&T U-verse and so have access to NBC Sports Extra, but the login didn't work for me using the Hola VPN plugin for Chrome. Any ideas?
I haven't try this, but if like averything else, it should work with a US IP. try hide my ass and than login

I use a VPN from wherever I am (when traveling outside the USA) to watch online.

You'll need a VPN that gives you a USA IP address.

You'll need to know the username & password for someone with a USA cable/satellite (AT&T, Dish, DirecTv, etc.) account, which is asked for when you go to the NBC Sports website.

PM me if you need any further help.

kawkav said:
minnesota blue said:
Apparently City-WHU will be televised live on the main NBC network on Sunday morning. Good stuff if true.

<a class="postlink" href="http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/S/</a> ... 7-19-04-50

it says our game will be in spanish commentary !!!!!!! or is that two audio channel?

I am in Canada and they still haven't figured it out whose game is on what channel?

It's going to be on sportsnet ontario mate.

Lee Dixon was totally annoying today. I like LeSaux better.

I thought the NBC coverage went really well this year. The only thing I hated was the in-game analysis during the match. The sports casters
weren't bad though. Much better than Fox or ESPN.

yankcitizen76 said:
I thought the NBC coverage went really well this year. The only thing I hated was the in-game analysis during the match. The sports casters
weren't bad though. Much better than Fox or ESPN.

Yep, theyve done a great job.

Agree that the coverage has been excellent.
I believe that having Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe has been generally pretty good. They've tried to be insightful and fair to all teams. I think their pro careers, having been with somewhat "modest" clubs has enabled them to not have the built in bias and smugness shown by Hansen, Linneker, Lawrenson etc.
Most of the English based commentary teams have been more than acceptable, though I do think Arlo White talks too much (its TV not radio here). I prefer Lee Dixon to Graeme La Saux. As previous posters have commented, viewing football in the States has come a long way from having to listen to Tommy Smyth or Eddie Johnson (TNT World Cup 1990!), so I won't nitpick Peter Drury's over-elaborations…for now.
Well done City; you were the best this year.
Up the Palace and Go Sounders!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.