NDJ a poor Defensive Holding Midfielder & Disgraceful?

Re: The Myth about having a Defensive Holding midfielder

CityCTID said:
sjk2008 said:
I think you need a creative holding midfielder to be honest. Chelsea went and bought Essien for this role, United got Carrick, Barca have got Busquets, Madrid tend to use Alonso.

I think players like Makelele are one offs and a thing of the past. It's best to have as many creative midfielders as possible these days, even an essence of that in your defensive midfielder/anchorman. IMO anyway.

Now, this may not be a popular choice I don't know. But, I think someone like Alex Song from Arsenal would fit in nicely instead of NDJ. Good tackler, quick, can spot a pass and wouldnt cost a shit load either. Plus he's still reletively young and we all know how Arsenal are a feeder club of yours lol!

A partnership of Song & Barry or Song & Yaya would be very tidy.

Spot on.

Alex Song continues to develop into a very complete midfielder, box-to-box midfielder with the strength and stamina to perform a composed killer passes, nothing short of brilliance with his contribution going forward .... One of the most underrated midfielder s in PL.......... Song's what 24yo? holly shiiiiit

Today's assist for Walcott's goal convinced me he is the real McCoy! Now thats the type of central midfielder we need to service our stroika (Mario, Dzeko, Aguero) and Tevez too!

Dax777 said:
LoveCity said:
Many top clubs use a defensive midfielder regularly or all the time, it's false to make it sound like a top club can't use a defensive minded midfielder when we see or have seen had players like Makelele, Gattuso, Mascherano, Cambiasso, Senna, Luis Gustavo, Diarra, and Zanetti play the role for top club or country sides.

However, yeah, I think we only need to play one, two is just over the top. For me, Barry was exceptional for much of the season and deserved his place but hasn't been lately, De Jong has looked better and so has started regularly. The problem is if we play three in midfielder there is no third man (one being Yaya and the other two usually being holding midfielders) who can make a difference except maybe Pizarro.
Perhaps we should play the pizza man more.

It would be a start if he put him on the fucking bench.

Simply put,

a DM is OPTIONAL in the Premier League, what with all the zest and pace, the quickest players will thrive better.

however, a DM is IMPORTANT for European success, the modern tactic involves the usual of a holding midfielder and successful teams all employs it - Busqusts, Pepe/Lass, etc.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Its funny because we did really well as a team until he came back into the team more then as he has started playing more we have gradually stopped scoring and because of that we are now winning less.

Today NDJ was absolutely poor in covering the back 4. Where was he covering Kolarov or Kolo? To allow Bendtner to cross to Larson?
We should never let in 3 goals (especially if we have a TOP ASS WC holding midgefielder). The myth here is that NDJ has the pace or wherewithal to cover the width or length.

Not a fan of De Jong at all but I don't understand why he's being called "Disgraceful"?
Being an average player doesn't make him a disgrace.

Now to come to the nub of the matter!

NDJ's behavour against Mario was divisive and disgraceful.
Is this the second time or more that he 'fought or push' Mario of from taking a free kick?

The free kick calls for a right footed player. Mario has a great right foot and can placed and 'rifle' the free kick from that spot.

Excuse me am I misunderstanding? are you saying Nige is poor and disgraceful ?

Please tell me its a misquote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.