NDJ doubters ... do you need further evidence ??

for me he was MOTM vs chelski

he is probably the only player in the premiership that can cope with essien physically and he shows it everytime we play chelski.

the guy is an absolute animal defensively but ive noticed he has started to get forward a little more and his distribution (which wasnt the best last year) has definaely improved...he is making more forward thinking passes now than he was

Sabster said:
kippaxblue76 said:
Sabster i still await your response.

Fine:

1. Fortunately our club is not ridiculous enough to replace every single player who isnt the besti n the world. He i a good squad player therefore there is no need to replace.

2. Given was a poor signing, Kompany best signing Highes made, Barry great signing, Zab average, Kolo average, RSC + Lescott absolutely awful etc In short he signed lots of very average players on high wages that we can't offload.

3. Yep we can wait.

4. We played our best attacking football of the season against Blackburn and still only had 2 shots of theirs on target. Don't really see how NDJ would have made any difference whatsoever apart from slowing down our attacks.

5. IMO he is nowhere near world class, well just have to wait.

6. He does not have pace or strength.

7. You are questioning whether GB is the english Xavi Alonso? Don't get your point here.

8. I go to plenty of games, and I see and appreciate a lot more of the game having watched it for a secon time on tv.

You claim that you go to plenty of games ??
Bearing in mind that you told me,on this thread, that you hardly get up to Manchester,but will go to the London games when City are playing,who do you watch ??
As a barrister would say "let me put it to you Sabster,that indeed you may well show loyalty on Blue Moon,but do you really follow them as a supporter,or are you really a sheep in wolfs clothing ??" (delib)
So you watch plenty of games.Would that be at other London grounds even when City would NOT be playing at that venue ??

Without a doubt, The Best City Attacking & Defending Midfielder right now is Yaya followed by Barry & Milner.
1. Yaya without doubt is Top WC & CL stuff.
2. Barry & Milner brings out the best in each other.
3. All 3 are can score! Can defend, slide tackles, make sublime passes.

Can de Jong?

If not why is he rated our TOP player? (by rags or scums, de Jong's publicists, agent or City's agent provacateurs?)

IMO we can do without the one-dimenional de Jong ( ala Makélélé, remember Chelsea won titles & double w/o him).

Last season de Jong was found wanting. Recall his defensive performances (Arteta's goal at Goodison Park for one!) His inability to score giving the few glorious opportunity has given me some insight (i.e de Jong is a cherry picker).

de Jong's propensity to lunge or slide tackle panders to fans (primal instincts?) who regards tackling (at expense of other football abilites) and hoof & run (like a headless chicken) as a prime virtue.

Is that good for our club who buys thorougbreds but deploys ploughhorses?

Right now our no. 1 player is not de Jong. It could be Hart, Yaya, Tevez etc. Definitely not de Jong. de Jong is what I call an Utility Player.

Citizens - Please don't go overboard every week with a de Jong thread! I am PMSL everytime I see that.

blueplan said:
Without a doubt, The Best City Attacking & Defending Midfielder right now is Yaya followed by Barry & Milner.

Can de Jong?

If not why is he rated our TOP player? (by rags or scums, de Jong's publicists, agent or City's agent provacateurs?)

IMO we can do without the one-dimenional de Jong ( ala Makélélé, remember Chelsea won titles & double w/o him).

Last season de Jong was found wanting. Recall his defensive performances (Arteta's goal at Goodison Park for one!) His inability to score giving the few glorious opportunity has given me some insight (i.e de Jong is a cherry picker).

de Jong's propensity to lunge or slide tackle panders to fans (primal instincts?) who regards tackling (at expense of other football abilites) and hoof & run (like a headless chicken) as a prime virtue.

Right now our no. 1 player is not de Jong. It could be Hart, Yaya, Tevez etc. Definitely not de Jong. de Jong is what I call an Utility Player.

Citizens - Please don't go overboard every week with a de Jong thread! I am PMSL everytime I see that.

Are you for real? Yaya has been awful so far. Im not saying he is a shit player or that he will never play well. In every game he has been a passenger imo and De Jong has done a lot more than him.

blueplan said:

Can de Jong?

Are you related to SABSTER ????
He couldn`t have carried out a better character assassination than that rubbish.
I spy another "armchair critic"
PMSL at that pathetic attempt of a retort !!

Yaya has never played as an anchorman in his whole career, so I'm not sure how he's above De Jong. You may as well say Given is a better DM.

blueplan said:

Can de Jong?

Hang on !!!
One dimensional !!
And you bring Joe Hart into the equation ??
What the hells he then, a bleedin attacking goalie ???

at the end of the day people have opinions and they are fully entitled to them.

but some things are in black and white, and it's quite OBVIOUS De jong is a class player, if people don't rate him then they haven't got a clue about football.

nuff said.

Freestyler said:
at the end of the day people have opinions and they are fully entitled to them.

but some things are in black and white, and it's quite OBVIOUS De jong is a class player, if people don't rate him then they haven't got a clue about football.

nuff said.

Good post I fullt agree, of course he's quality but it would be better if the board could discuss and criticise without resorting to name calling. He's a great player, but there is room for improvement and I don't think there's anything wrong with people suggesting that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.