Nearest football team to where you were born - do you have a soft spot for them

At Manchester University for 3 years many decades ago. Lived in hall in Fallowfield and we used to walk across Platt Fields to watch City on Saturdays and stood on the Kippax. The following week we‘d walk up to Rusholme and get the bus to near Belle Vue and walk to OT. I can’t say I have a soft spot for either but I do have a great dislike for Man Utd.

There were two St Marys maternity hospitals I think. One in town and one in Rusholme/C on M.

I was born in the old one in C on M in the 50's.

In the late 1960s a new Maternity Hospital was built on land in Hathersage Road to the rear of the Oxford Road buildings.
Can't get much closer if you were born in hospital

Born in Bolton and grew up on a road right opposite Burnden Park so in many ways should have been a Wanderer. Dad was a steward at Maine Road so took us to games he didn’t work on. Have more of a soft spot for Bolton when there are multiple leagues separating us that’s for sure

Plymouth Argyle. Biggest city in UK never to have had a top flight team. City have been my "glory" team for 55 years but will always have a soft spot for the Pilgrims.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.