Nedum Onuoha noooooooooooooooo!!!

BringBackSwales said:
Kinkys Blue Socks said:
Why is this thread still going?

Hughes came out and said last week that there was absolutely no basis to this story and we would not consider selling Ned under any circumtances.

The reason the thread is still going is because it is still one of the most reported rumours so it is not completely unreasonable to mention it (rather than some of the threads on here of a completely speculative nature "why don't we sign him, and why don't we sign her...") - hughes would not be the first manager to say one thing and do another and let's face it there is only Stevie Ireland who is likely to start against blackburn who was at the club before huges arrived anmd as of yet I do not trust him regarding the younger players - he only started discussing Sturridge on about Dec 30th last year when he knew Sturridge could commit to other clubs on Jan 1st and he said it was a shame Sturridge had not had his contract issues resolved before he arrived - whish begged the question as to what hughes had been doing between June and December to secure the services of one of our other gifted youngsters - yes sturridge comes over as arrogant but he has a hell of a future and I for sure would not want to see Nedum leave the club as well.

I accept whatyou say as to what hughes has said but my question was what would the views be IF hughes let Nedum go, IF hughes was to say one thing and do another?

He won't. He even used the word "catergorically". It's a complete non starter this.

They are continuing to talk about him being involved in the Lescott deal in the press to day. It does worry me as £15 - £20 million plus nedum for Lescott is a shit deal IMO.

alera said:
The are continuing to talk about him being involved in the Lescott deal in the press to day. It does worry me as £15 - £20 million plus nedum for Lescott is a shit deal IMO.
Completely agree. However I can't see Hughes or the club letting him go.

bugsyblue said:
Surely he will only be let to go on a season loan. Which to be fair would be a good move. But hasn't Hughes come out recently and said I won't be selling our best young players? Ned has come on leaps and bounds in the last 6 months and he's been one of our best players in pre-season. We should really hold on to, and he's blue through and through!

i dont think we can afford him to go any where. he'll be a major part of the squad, no matter who we sign.

de niro said:
bugsyblue said:
Surely he will only be let to go on a season loan. Which to be fair would be a good move. But hasn't Hughes come out recently and said I won't be selling our best young players? Ned has come on leaps and bounds in the last 6 months and he's been one of our best players in pre-season. We should really hold on to, and he's blue through and through!

i dont think we can afford him to go any where. he'll be a major part of the squad, no matter who we sign.

agree mate, England u-21 captain, City through and through, pace, strength and just needs to improve his awareness and distribution and he will be at the heart of our defence for years to come

I could live with him going on loan for a season as long as its clear they will never get to buy. They really are tramps though what with Jo do we have to loan them a whole team of decent players ?

At least thats 2 from their first 11 that wont be able to play against us.

Do you think he will be cup tied ?

No way on earth I would agree to give Nedum to Everton even on loan in order to get Lescott. I would rather keep Nedum and move on to other targets.

Biamp said:
No way on earth I would agree to give Nedum to Everton even on loan in order to get Lescott. I would rather keep Nedum and move on to other targets.

Totally agree! I'd be happy with Nedum being captain nevermind staying! He's City through and through, came through the academy, supports the club and WANTS to play for us! He's our John Terry as far as i'm concerned!

Bojinov The Bull said:
Biamp said:

Totally agree! I'd be happy with Nedum being captain nevermind staying! He's City through and through, came through the academy, supports the club and WANTS to play for us! He's our John Terry as far as i'm concerned!

COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY 100% AGREE

Bojinov The Bull said:
Biamp said:

No!!!!! He's not our JT mate.

Because Ned is not that GREEDY!!! I'm quite sure that he will not use his own team as a tool to get a better deal.

By the way, I'm agree that he'll be our captain .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.