Nedum signs new contract

what a day weve have had...

one of the best defenders has signed for us (toure)
one of the best, young, defenders has signed a long term contract and theres rumours of more to come.

wooooooooooooooooo

For those of you scared off by the size of the Kolo thread he's signed for us as well...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2009/July/Kolo-joins-Blues" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... oins-Blues</a>

Goes to show SSN know feck all again... they were saying that a loyalty payment was delaying the move.

S.E.H said:
forevercity said:
shit career? can tell your a new fan, he has been awesome in the ressies, EVERY manager we have had has raved on about him.

is this the kind of new fan we are attracting? god help us

Not at all, ive been a fan all me life. The COMS Open Day - I was there. First game vs Barcelona - I was there. Season ticket holder when Nedum was coming through, I saw he was poor at Right back, Yes, he's played well in the last few months but whats with all the excitement, he could come back next month and be shit again. So I'd take it back about being a new fan, twat

oh right so you were there for our COMS open day and for the game against one for one of the biggest clubs in the world. Kudos. Kudos.

I havent met many blues who have seen Ned develop and progress and believe he has had a shit career. Everyones entitled to their opinion, but some take the piss! Try amd watch a game of football mate. I mean, just watch one or two, you might learn something

Cambridgeblue said:
S.E.H said:
Dont chat shit, he'll be back up at best, a few good months in upto now a shit career and all of a sudden he's one of our superstars, wtf.

Since you clearly know nothing about football allow me to tell you exactly why this is such a good signing.

1) Nedum is one of the best defenders in his age bracket in the country which is why he played such a big part in the under 21 squad which has reached both a semi and a final in recent years, making him not just one of the best in the country but one of the best in europe too.

2) He was excellent for us last season when the rest of the defence looked decidedly wonky, which made his own performances all the more impressive.

3) He has a fantastic work ethic and is a terrific athlete... as his comments in the article shows he is aware he will have to fight for the shirt and he hasn't backed out of the challenge like Sturridge did.

4) He is an academy player and has the club in his heart... retaining players like him, micah and Ireland is absolutely crucial if we are to retain any sense of identity.

5) We are probably about to pay £20m for lescott who is 4 years older than Nedum, Nedum is in my opinion a far more experienced and superior player than lescott was at his age so we have got ourselves a bargain.

6) He's English and so if the nationality rule change does come in then it saves us paying silly money for another top english player.
Good points well made, agree 100% Cambridgeblue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.