Nedum: The Chief

masterwig

A positive thread for a change. I thought big Ned was terrific yesterday. I feel so much more comfortable with him in there than Richards and Zabaleta. He's a more natural defender than those two and also doesn't have the mad streak that Zabaleta has which costs us free-kicks and gets him booked all the time.

Hopefully he can keep his place in the side because he has had terrible luck with injury. He's one of our own so I would love to see him become a key part of the team. Well done Chief. Keep it up.

masterwig said:
A positive thread for a change. I thought big Ned was terrific yesterday. I feel so much more comfortable with him in there than Richards and Zabaleta. He's a more natural defender than those two and also doesn't have the mad streak that Zabaleta has which costs us free-kicks and gets him booked all the time.

Hopefully he can keep his place in the side because he has had terrible luck with injury. He's one of our own so I would love to see him become a key part of the team. Well done Chief. Keep it up.

yep

His distribution is appalling and he switches off every bit as much as Micah, squad player if he wants to stay but not good enough to get us where we want to be, Went awol for the goal.

His passing for me is awful and he panics when he has possesion, i think we need new full-backs either side. Bridge was getting done by Valencia time and time again. Then the goal, where was Onouha to stop the cross, he had time to pick his spot, read a book and then cross it. Shocking marking.

Whilst I agree that Ned is a terrific player, I am sure even he would agree that there was an element of blame to be attached to him for their goal. Like Richards at the Swamp, Ned is a natural centre back, and when the ball gets passed out wide to our right back position, he hesitates that vital moment from his position in the middle before trying to get out to Evra. I am a great believer in not trying to play centre backs at full back and this again just reinforced it...

Personally I would have Ned in the middle with Kompany and from what we have at the moment, Zabs at right back as the most 'natural' right back we have.

Sadly he was drawn inside a little and left Evra free in space. He isn't a natural full back and does have a tendancy to allow crosses but he is still learning that position.

He's a nice lad. But, like Micah, all he has is pace and power.

I blame grass roots football in this country. The only players that get rewarded and chosen are ones that are fast and strong. Someone that can run onto a punt and score or someone that can bully a striker off the ball. The clever, "football" players get overlooked if they cant do 0-60 in 3 seconds.

Thats my rant about grass roots over :)

Back to topic, I like him as a person and he is a decent player but not top 4. I would like to think he is back to a squad player after the summer as we can all see we need a right back just as comfortable on the ball as he is with knocking someone off it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.