Need a new blue pub (Cheadle)

The Kenny every time. Screens all over the pub and the landlord is a true blue. The landlord at the Griffin, Heald Green is a rag.

pottsy said:
The Kenny every time. Screens all over the pub and the landlord is a true blue. The landlord at the Griffin, Heald Green is a rag.
The Griifin in Heaton Mersey is the one, the Griff in Heald Green is pretty naff.

black mamba said:
coleridge said:
black mamba said:
I'll be goin' in the kennilworth to watch it ....... has been a lot of sky rags in there though lately for their euro games.

I didn't know that you went there, my friend. I played for them for a short while [through mates] when Tommy Muir was in charge [before the George and Dragon transfer]. Legend has it that he did a voluntary second tour of Northern Ireland during the [serious] troubles [the six counties or Ulster as you prefer] with the Kingoes. However, my abiding memory of him was when he was dressed as a comedy copper at that Boxing Day Stoke away game in a beer garden attempting to roger a pantomime hourse with his plastic truncheon. A funny man. Is he still chairman of the Ancoats and Ardwick branch?

Yeah , i live about halfway between the kennilworth and the Griffin so i'll probably go in the kenny ...... i get in quite a few pubs in Cheadle/Cheadle Hulme area over the year.

Good on you. I have most of my family in that area now, as they've all got posh and left South Manchester. Personally, though, I'd rather stay in Xanadu, now that the children prevent me leaving.

bluechris106 said:
Now I am a Dad of 2 I dont get out as much as i would like! But one day that I insist on getting out is Derby day at Stretford!! (I swore i would never set foot in the place after getting beat 4-2 in the FA cup!!)
I went in the George and Dragon to watch a few away games earlier in the season and to say the atmosphere was poor was an understatement!!!! Where have all the Cheadle blues gone?????
Please help me find somewhere full of blues who will be watching the game (Prefereably singing and cheering!), Anywhere near Stockport, Didsbury, Cheadle etc!!!

Please help!!!!
WHAT HAPPEND TO COOKIE AT THE GEORGE .LOVED PLAYING THERE !

The Cheadle Blues are still going strong,with over 150 members.Tommy is still running the branch.Now meet at the Ladybridge club [cheadle hulme].For more info go to cheadleblues.co.uk

micradott tony said:
bluechris106 said:
Now I am a Dad of 2 I dont get out as much as i would like! But one day that I insist on getting out is Derby day at Stretford!! (I swore i would never set foot in the place after getting beat 4-2 in the FA cup!!)
I went in the George and Dragon to watch a few away games earlier in the season and to say the atmosphere was poor was an understatement!!!! Where have all the Cheadle blues gone?????
Please help me find somewhere full of blues who will be watching the game (Prefereably singing and cheering!), Anywhere near Stockport, Didsbury, Cheadle etc!!!

Please help!!!!
WHAT HAPPEND TO COOKIE AT THE GEORGE .LOVED PLAYING THERE !

He's still in the area but is seen out and about a lot less nowadays, the whole crowd of Stringer, Penny, Jack, Cookie, Knighty, Eric etc all seemed to have drifted since they settled down. tend to see them out now and again but only individually really. The old days of the lads nights out in Cheadle has passed on to the younger generation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.