Need to use Laptop abroad

meeesh

Just seeing if anyone can help or advise.

I need to take my laptop,as I will need it for work purposes for a week in Spain.

I've looked at buying these dongles,£60 from Argos its EE 2g for 2 months,but I don't know whether it will work abroad,without getting data roaming.I know we can get data roaming on phones,but what I need to do whilst away has to be done on laptop really.

My phone contract is with (Vodafone) spit...... but thought I'd ask the knowledgable folk on BM before proceeding

I don't want to rely on the hotel wifi in case it's shit,so would sooner buy somert that I can basically plug in and play so to speak.

I really am snookered with this kind of stuff,so any help or advise is greatly appreciated.

Any laptop with wifi should be able to do that. It will just appear as one of the wifi networks you can join.

Don't believe this laptop will do that,dunno

If it has bluetooth and most laptops have bluetooth then your laptop will be able to tether using a hotspot.

Even failing that you should still be able to hotspot using usb.

Check in your contract if you can use your data abroad. Or go into a Vodafone shop if you can. I know plenty of companies changed policies with Brexit etc. You may have to pay a few quid a day but then that way you are just using your phone contract plan, presuming you have a good amount of data or unlimited etc included.

What phone do you have, if relatively new then you should have the option to "HotSpot" and that just basically turns your phone into a dongle and you connect your laptop to it.

Do you need to consider using a VPN or anything? Some companies will block connections outside of UK for example so you may need to use a VPN to tell the network you are inside the UK whilst your connected and working.

Check in your contract if you can use your data abroad. Or go into a Vodafone shop if you can. I know plenty of companies changed policies with Brexit etc. You may have to pay a few quid a day but then that way you are just using your phone contract plan, presuming you have a good amount of data or unlimited etc included.

What phone do you have, if relatively new then you should have the option to "HotSpot" and that just basically turns your phone into a dongle and you connect your laptop to it.

Do you need to consider using a VPN or anything? Some companies will block connections outside of UK for example so you may need to use a VPN to tell the network you are inside the UK whilst your connected and working.

My phone is an iphone 14,just need to get it tehthered against this lappy and I think we all systems go with sounds of things and what others have put.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.