Negative players or negative tactics...

Marvin said:
They guy has won 3 Championships. I think he knows what he's doing although it will take time for him to know the strengths and weaknesses of his players and the opposition.

I like Ireland a lot and the Ireland who played last season is just what we need. He hasn't been discarded. Mancini has him on the bench, and has started him. Whenever I have seen him play - under Hughes or Mancini - he has been a shadow of the player we saw last season and it's his form - not mancini's so called negative tactics that explain why he's not playing more games.

Tactics have their part in games, but don't you think the major part of what went wrong in the 1st half were just poor passing, and a lack of "bite"? Also Sunderland played well, and scored a very good goal which gave them a lift for 30 mins

In a word NO. Yes Sunderland played well in a chase evrything and give the opposition no time kind of way and yes they scored avery good goal ( crap that we let the cntre come over though) BUT our tactics were defensive minded from the start and we paid for it by being 1 down at half time.

do we really want to watch this boring standard of football next season set out for a point go 1 behind then decide to start playing when it,s to late no good beating chelski then drawing against 1 of the worst teams in the prem and not just talking about today hull,burnley,wigan to many to mention and not just this season we need to get out of this typical city syndrome

Any other keeper on any other day and we could have had a hat full. The Sunderland keeper had the game of his life. The Sunderland players have him and him alone to thank.

Oh and Manchini..Please take the Italian job and spare us the headless chicken routine next season.

Marvin said:
They guy has won 3 Championships. I think he knows what he's doing although it will take time for him to know the strengths and weaknesses of his players and the opposition.

I like Ireland a lot and the Ireland who played last season is just what we need. He hasn't been discarded. Mancini has him on the bench, and has started him. Whenever I have seen him play - under Hughes or Mancini - he has been a shadow of the player we saw last season and it's his form - not mancini's so called negative tactics that explain why he's not playing more games.

Tactics have their part in games, but don't you think the major part of what went wrong in the 1st half were just poor passing, and a lack of "bite"? Also Sunderland played well, and scored a very good goal which gave them a lift for 30 mins

Agreed. And how many managers make a sub on 30 minutes then on 45. Fact is bobby could have done little more to influence the result. He played the mirror team that beat Chelsea, but was let down by Bellamy, SWP and to a lessor extent tevez. Not much more the manager can do when the attacking players have an off day....on another day we should have had 2 or 3. Mancini is doing a fine job.

team bridge said:
under rm played well against wolves second half against chelski and that is it not good enough negative twat

Oh, the irony. Have a look at your 9 posts!

Sun Jihai's ghost said:
Marvin said:

Agreed. And how many managers make a sub on 30 minutes then on 45. Fact is bobby could have done little more to influence the result. He played the mirror team that beat Chelsea, but was let down by Bellamy, SWP and to a lessor extent tevez. Not much more the manager can do when the attacking players have an off day....on another day we should have had 2 or 3. Mancini is doing a fine job.

There goes that stock answer again. How many managers make a sub after 30 minutes bla bla. I would ask how many managers get it wrong from the start so often that they need to make such an early change? Time after time after time we start as if there has been no preparation/planning at all.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
Sun Jihai's ghost said:

There goes that stock answer again. How many managers make a sub after 30 minutes bla bla. I would ask how many managers get it wrong from the start so often that they need to make such an early change? Time after time after time we start as if there has been no preparation/planning at all.

No change from Hughes when we looked clueless after 30/45 minutes, but not many have the balls to admit that things arent working after 30 minutes.

Sun Jihai's ghost said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

No change from Hughes when we looked clueless after 30/45 minutes, but not many have the balls to admit that things arent working after 30 minutes.

Answer the point I made and not one to suit your agenda.How many managers get it wrong from the start so often like we currently are that they need to make such an early change?

who says he got it so wrong. Its the same tactics that beat Chelsea so it cant be all bad.

At the end of the day he is learning what qualities the players he has inherited have got.

Did he sign SWP, Did he sign Santa-Cruz, Will either be here in August. No

When players have shockers on the scale some did today, in particular SWP then there isnt much the manager can do. The only error i think he made was not bringing Johnson on for SWP at half time. Barry, RSC, SWP, Tevez, Viera all had glorious chances to score. Another day and we stuff them out of sight and everyone is happy.

He is making the team solid, thats not being negative, you build a team from the back and not the front. He has a style of play going forwards and until he gets the kind of players that will suit that attacking style its hard to judge him properley.

Look at Ancelotti, Mourinho, Hidding, etc. they all play this way. They teach the team to defence, and once that is sorted let them attack.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.