Negredo

Ducado said:
sam-caddick said:
I seriously hope he isn't out for a lengthy period of time.

What he gives us over the other strikers is work rate off the ball and the will to come into midfield when we are out of possession, this is vital in enabling us to play our 442 system because without it we would struggle immensely.

We only have to look back to the Bayern Munich home game when Dzeko and Kun lead the line, both didn't want to drop into midfield and it left our midfield immensely exposed, this is what is going to worry me with Spurs and Chelsea coming up if Negredo is out for a long period of time.

If he is out for Barca then for me the dream is over, going into that game with no Negredo and Nasri and without a striker willing to drop into midfield we will get battered, and I don't see Pellegrini dropping a striker for a midfielder to compensate for it.

Ha Ha I was wondering when you were going to turn up, you're like a rain cloud on every thread,
Sam has perfected pessimism to an art form. He has gone against the perceived modern day wisdom of positive thinking and optimism. He should be respected for it.

adrianr said:
pee dubya said:
Even if he does miss a few games it's a blow, but not a huge one. Aguero is back, Dzeko is on form, Jovetic is on his way back, and even Lopes has shown he makes an impact against top division teams. A bit of a break now (even if it's enforced) might actually benefit us when it comes to the run in. I'm sure the other attacking options we have will keep sticking the goals in.

I think the worry, crucial in Pellegrini's system, is partnerships. The last time Aguero and Dzeko looked good together was the start of 11/12, and Negredo seems to be just the right blend to pair up with either of them. Jovetic and Dzeko showed a lot of promise in pre-season but you can't leave Aguero on the bench.
I think the partnership between the front 2 is more important in games where we don't have Silva and Nasri or Navas on form. If we're relying on strikers to create opportunities for themselves then the partnership is of course important, but with the creative players on form, so long as the individual movement is good and they don't get in each others way, we should still be capable of scoring plenty enough goals to win matches. The results might not be as comprehensive, but losing one player like Negredo really shouldn't have a serious dent on our teams results.

Len Rum said:
Ducado said:
sam-caddick said:
I seriously hope he isn't out for a lengthy period of time.

What he gives us over the other strikers is work rate off the ball and the will to come into midfield when we are out of possession, this is vital in enabling us to play our 442 system because without it we would struggle immensely.

We only have to look back to the Bayern Munich home game when Dzeko and Kun lead the line, both didn't want to drop into midfield and it left our midfield immensely exposed, this is what is going to worry me with Spurs and Chelsea coming up if Negredo is out for a long period of time.

If he is out for Barca then for me the dream is over, going into that game with no Negredo and Nasri and without a striker willing to drop into midfield we will get battered, and I don't see Pellegrini dropping a striker for a midfielder to compensate for it.

Ha Ha I was wondering when you were going to turn up, you're like a rain cloud on every thread,
Sam has perfected pessimism to an art form. He has gone against the perceived modern day wisdom of positive thinking and optimism. He should be respected for it.

Can accept his thoughts about Chelsea and Spurs being big challenges for us , that's stating the obvious and we are due to drop points at home.

As for Barca being over with no Nasri I think thats over the top a little.

Negredo offically hasn't been ruled out against Watford yet even though I am sure he would have been a sub at best if fit so its a bit premature to write put a cloud over his availability for Barca just yet unless Sam is our medico and knows Negredo will be injured again before Barca.

Fear not Sam , Dzeko does track back and defend much better now than he did last year and even in the first part of this season largely because he wasn't asked to I would suggest.

mancity111 said:
El Mago said:
He will be a big miss, but lets hope Jovetic can steal the show now and score some important goals.

Don't write him off for Spurs just yet.

Wait until we hear more.

We knew Nasri was going to miss 6-8 weeks this time after the Newcastle game and I think the fact we haven't heard much yet even from the press suggests

good news.

arm in a sling means nowt just precaution cant see being ant longer than a fortnight.

LoveCity said:
Speaking of Twitter, a lad says his mate spoke to Negredo at Bridgewater, and that he was fuming and said it'd be 2 months. Unsubstantiated rumour and a very unsettling one.

so an unknown mate, of an unknown lad, reckoned something or other on twitter? Must be right then

birchwoodgingerste said:
mancity111 said:
El Mago said:
He will be a big miss, but lets hope Jovetic can steal the show now and score some important goals.

Wait until we hear more.

We knew Nasri was going to miss 6-8 weeks this time after the Newcastle game and I think the fact we haven't heard much yet even from the press suggests

good news.

arm in a sling means nowt just precaution cant see being ant longer than a fortnight.

Well it depends on the grade of damage to the AC joint and I am assuming it is because of the way he fell and the part of the shoulder that took most of the brunt of his fall.

I think he could be ok for Spurs myself if its the grade 1 or two nerve / tendon / muscle damage I think it is but anymore serious and 2 to three weeks could be the go as muscles and tendons would be ruptured.

Fortunatley the AC joint heals much quicker than an ACL or PCL rupture or tear.

I have seen players with broken / dislocated shoulder blades s in the AFL make full recoveries in less than10 weeks.

mancity111 said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
mancity111 said:

Wait until we hear more.

good news.

Well it depends on the grade of damage to the AC joint and I am assuming it is because of the way he fell and the part of the shoulder that took most of the brunt of his fall.

I think he could be ok for Spurs myself if its the grade 1 or two nerve / tendon / muscle damage I think it is but anymore serious and 2 to three weeks could be the go as muscles and tendons would be ruptured.

I have seen players with broken / dislocated shoulder blades s in the AFL make full recoveries in less than10 weeks.
Earlier you said, no news was good news. What's your thinking behind that?

Marvin said:
mancity111 said:
birchwoodgingerste said:

Earlier you said, no news was good news. What's your thinking behind that?

If it was serious Marvin ie a two month three month recovery we should know by now I would suggest.

In the AFL a serious AC Joint / Shoulder Injury etc etc can be diagnosed virtually on the spot.

Any AC Joint requiring surgery is known and publicised well within 24 hours of the incident occurring.

I am not saying he is a shoe in for Spurs and the club who already know the extent of the injury may be holding back for a short while and keeping the press at bay for as long as they can although I don't know what would be achieved by that Marvin.

It's commonsense but as always I try to put a positive spin on injuries.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.