Negredo

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
The Beast defended from the front tonight and battled the best he could. People saying Dzeko was better when he came on are deluded.

Not for me. Dzeko was good I thought. Negredo was average at best.

Personally I thought he was poor tonight and has been for a while. When we needed someone to hold the ball he flicked it away needlessly and Pique completely bossed him. Dzeko looked much sharper when he came on. As I said on the post match thread though, we should have got Nasri and Jovetic on at half time which would have helped him.

He's not as beastly as his name would suggest. I thought he was bullied by Pique tonight.

The Beast worked hard but had a bit of a stinker. Earlier in the season I am sure Alvaro wod have got those headers on target. The injury came at just the wrong time and Alvaro needs to rediscover his form and confidence.

Dzeko and Nasri contributed more when they came on

Prestwich_Blue said:
Personally I thought he was poor tonight and has been for a while. When we needed someone to hold the ball he flicked it away needlessly and Pique completely bossed him. Dzeko looked much sharper when he came on. As I said on the post match thread though, we should have got Nasri and Jovetic on at half time which would have helped him.
As he been injury free for a while though? He's been asked to play while nursing a shoulder injury and is expected by some on here to work wonders on his own against the whole back line of Barcelona.

Prestwich_Blue said:
As he been injury free for a while though? He's been asked to play while nursing a shoulder injury and is expected by some on here to work wonders on his own against the whole back line of Barcelona.

If he's injured, why not start with Jovetic or Dzeko ? Just a lot of excuses on here tonight. He is an amazing player, however he can and will have poor games like anybody else, it's normal and his first season in England.

adorado30 said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

If he's injured, why not start with Jovetic or Dzeko ? Just a lot of excuses on here tonight. He is an amazing player, however he can and will have poor games like anybody else, it's normal and his first season in England.
Jovetic isn't a centre forward and Dzeko can't hold the ball up because of his crap first touch and Aguero has been injured .....next question.

Mr HJ said:
Pinturicchio said:
I like the guy he gives a fight but I think Dzeko would have done more damage with his great heading play abilities (Probably the only real weakness in Barça).

I thought Negrado worked his socks off tonight - not all of his work was rewarded with good chances but the Barca defence knew they were in a game. Unfortunately when Edin came on he didn't work hard enough for someone only tasked with 25 mins work. We just missed the movement of Sergio and I for one would have put on Jovetic who is more intelligent movement wise.

I agree. Jovetic should have come on instead of Dzeko especially as Dzeko looked to have an ankle injury after the Chelsea game. Think we would have created more chances with Silva,Nasri and Jovetic linking up than Dzeko on his own.
I still feel that our first 11 if all match fit can win the tie at the Nou Camp.
CTID

adorado30 said:

Jovetic isn't a centre forward and Dzeko can't hold the ball up because of his crap first touch and Aguero has been injured .....next question.

Jovetic can play centre forward for sure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.