Negredo

pazzo said:
Negredos form in the first half of the season was amazing and he played best football of his entire career, but unfortunately he can only go down from there, he set high expectations and it is very unlikely he will repeat a season like this. For me hes no better than Dzeko (not that im saying theres something wrong with either of them) but if you want to strengthen the squad you should bring a better player (Falcao, Cavani) not a player of the same quality.
I'm not trying to disrespect what he has done this season, but I don't see him repeating it.

So we need to go out and buy a new 60 million pound striker cause he has struggled since he got injured? We also need a new 40 million pound CB and a new 30 million pound DM. Looks like another squad overhaul this summer.

The guy has been absolutely incredible for us this season and has only struggled since he got injured. With Agueros injury i think he was rushed back and never really seems to have recovered. How quickly we forget how good he was. We should be looking at how we keep all our 3 strikers fit> Next people will be calling for us to replace Sergio........ oh wait.

MSP said:
CityFan94 said:
Has the manager lost faith in him?

He didn't get on today when we desperately needed a goal.

15 mins left to get an equaliser and stay in pole position to win the league and he doesn't come on?

Negredo was one of our best players in the first half of the season, we need to get him back to that level as soon as possible.

How could he get in when all 3 subs were already done.

Oops I didn't realise that!

Hopefully Negredo plays and scores against Sunderland.

We really need him back to his earlier season form for this run-in.

Aguero and Negredo fully fit is still the best striking partnership in the league IMO.

He just seems at times so desperate to get that goal he needs. I don't think he suits being the lone striker to be honest. He also doesn't suit playing with dzeko. Would be great if we could field him and aguero tomorrow and see them both grab a goal.

I hope we see a 4-4-2 featuring the Negredo and Aguero tomorrow. We need to get Negredo, Aguero and Jovetic all back to form and all scoring. Negredo will get a goal if he is given the support of Aguero's movement. Play Silva wide left even if he has been brilliant in that free role. Get Milner the other side because he was brilliant against Liverpool and have Garcia and Fernandinho in the middle. That way we can rest Dzeko who put a real shift in. And bring Jovetic and Nasri on later to get some game time. I think Nasri needs to have a break - he hasn't been the player he was earlier in the season since his injury. Said it a few times, we need players on form and fit by rotating at home - that will put us in a good position in the away games.

willipp said:
pazzo said:
Negredos form in the first half of the season was amazing and he played best football of his entire career, but unfortunately he can only go down from there, he set high expectations and it is very unlikely he will repeat a season like this. For me hes no better than Dzeko (not that im saying theres something wrong with either of them) but if you want to strengthen the squad you should bring a better player (Falcao, Cavani) not a player of the same quality.
I'm not trying to disrespect what he has done this season, but I don't see him repeating it.

So we need to go out and buy a new 60 million pound striker cause he has struggled since he got injured? We also need a new 40 million pound CB and a new 30 million pound DM. Looks like another squad overhaul this summer.

The guy has been absolutely incredible for us this season and has only struggled since he got injured. With Agueros injury i think he was rushed back and never really seems to have recovered. How quickly we forget how good he was. We should be looking at how we keep all our 3 strikers fit> Next people will be calling for us to replace Sergio........ oh wait.

Did you even read what I wrote, I'm saying he isn't struggling because of the injury, injury was a long time ago, sure it came at the worst possible moment but even if it hadn't happen I'm sure he couldn't repeat what he did. If you look back at his career it was the half season of his life and it was a mater of time when it would stop. He was playing above his ability and I expect that if he stays Jovetic will easily take his place in starting 11. Id like him to stay and prove me wrong but I don't think it will happen.
No need for new 60 milion striker, I was saying that instead of buying Negredo we should have bought someone else then, I was expecting much more from Jovetic than Negredo. Negredo surprised me but like I said i just don't see him repeating a season like this. If Jovetic can solve his fitness issues I expect him to shine next season, we should keep Negredo since Dzeko is probably leaving.

Benarbia said:
For all this Negredo is amazing. His record in the league is quite poor

20 league appearances (8 as sub) starts - 9 goals.

He's gone 7 league games without a goal which makes that stat look worse. Before that dry spell, it was around 1 goal every 2 games, which is a good record.

He's scored nearly a goal a game in the 3 cup competitions this season (16 appearance - 14 goals)

He's had a very good first season, apart from the dry spell he's in at the moment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.