Neil Custis

I'm an American but I don't watch any American sports, just City. Does anyone know if the US's sports journalism is as bad as it is in England? I used to read just about every daily article mentioning City but stopped a couple of months ago cos it was so bad. Just curious if anyone knows.

Our club needs to start taking notice of a post such as yours. The clubs PR department need to go to war with these people, how are we going to grow our support when overseas supporters only see bad press about us and what do they think our UK support feel about all this negative spin we are subjected to??????????????

He didn't just have a pop at Pep. He had a pop at City at any opportunity. He had his say on how we've spent money and that us spending won't fix our 'problems'. He used Pellegrini and Tevez as examples in order to get his point across on what they were discussing. While Rooney should have a statue outside the stadium.

Also slated Pep's character due to him taking a year out after his 4 years at Barcelona.

All the journo's also said that they'd hate to work under Pep but they'd love to work under Mourinho.

It was quite cringeworthy watching really.

Sunday Supplement was particularly bad today.

I've defended Neal Custis on here before because he was so pro City over FFP and even earlier this season he was shouting out the superlatives about how well we playing under Guardiola. Today he was the opposite and, seemingly egged on by Ashton, taking the "it's a disgrace how City treated Mancini and Pellegrini" and "wasted so much money on shit players" (Ashton obv liked that line) and "Pep can't take the presure like he couldn't at Barcelona."

On the Sterling penalty push, they didn't dispute it was a a blatant penalty but went with the line it is diffuclt to blame the officials because they might not have a good view, Sterling is quick and and even the linesman might not ahve had a good view as well. Only Ladyman disagreed. They even used the Sane possible handball bollocks as evidence of how difficult it is for a ref.

They saved the best question to last. If you were a player which manager would you prefer to play for? Heyward bottled out and named them all whilst Ladyman and Custis went for mourinho obviously.

Sunday Supplement was particularly bad today.

I've defended Neal Custis on here before because he was so pro City over FFP and even earlier this season he was shouting out the superlatives about how well we playing under Guardiola. Today he was the opposite and, seemingly egged on by Ashton, taking the "it's a disgrace how City treated Mancini and Pellegrini" and "wasted so much money on shit players" (Ashton obv liked that line) and "Pep can't take the presure like he couldn't at Barcelona."

On the Sterling penalty push, they didn't dispute it was a a blatant penalty but went with the line it is diffuclt to blame the officials because they might not have a good view, Sterling is quick and and even the linesman might not ahve had a good view as well. Only Ladyman disagreed. They even used the Sane possible handball bollocks as evidence of how difficult it is for a ref.

They saved the best question to last. If you were a player which manager would you prefer to play for? Heyward bottled out and named them all whilst Ladyman and Custis went for mourinho obviously.

Oh yeah I forgot about the shit he was talking about the push on sterling. I was laughing listening to the prick say what he said. He gets paid for writing what he thinks too????

Pile a crap so I don't usually watch it unless Henry Winter is on it. He calls it as it is and has no anti City agenda. The rest are c@nts.
Won't it be so so satisfying when Pep/City stuck it right up his fat arse and make him eat his words.

Agreed, but id recommend watching/reading Martin Samuel too - by far the best journo, better than Winter - has his own original, unbiased opinions and wont be swayed by the 'prevailing view'; he certainly isnt pro-city, although his lack of bias can make it seem that way compared to the rest of them.

Forget custis, what gets me is that some of our own fans think the same.

That's the influence that the media has. Whether it's done purposefully to destabilise us, or they hate us or they just want to appeal to the casual rag and dippers it doesn't matter, the effect is the same.

It's got to the point where I can't be arsed talking about football with fans of other teams about City because it gets tiring explaining how what's reported in the press isn't accurate. I also don't bother reading anything written about other teams because I assume it's as inaccurate even if it's not as negative as the shit spouted about the us.

It would be interesting to find out the real reason for the bitterness Custis shows towards City. You can't expect balanced and fair treatment from the tabloid press in this country but the level of vitriol towards City is ridiculous. His paper slaughtered Mancini, ridiculed Pellegrini, and seems determined to undermine Pep at all costs. Was he one of the press pack abused by fans at the match yesterday?

Curtis is as thick as they come - will say or print anything to keep in with the thugs at old Trafford. He has nothing to say of note about us or football in general. File him under IGNORE.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.