Nemanja Matic

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
no thanks.

Thanks for the insight and reasoning.

His stats just don't compare very well to his peers, at least up to a few weeks ago. I've no doubt he's good, but he doesn't shine in 1 particular domain and he's not a master of a being a jack of all trades like Fernandinho, his average match rating to that point was one of the lowest as well on whoscored, in fact only an injured Gundogan and Garcia had a lower one to that point, so I'm not convinced.

Not wanting to point out the obvious, but WhoScored doesn't even cover the Portuguese League. Basing his ability off his stats is a poor idea in the first place, but when you only have 6 CL games to base it on then it's really never going to offer you anything.
On a side note, here's his goal that's nominated for the Puskas award for goal of the year
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKg2nxP-L9I[/youtube]

JoeMercer'sWay said:
FantasyIreland said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
no thanks.

Thanks for the insight and reasoning.

His stats just don't compare very well to his peers, at least up to a few weeks ago. I've no doubt he's good, but he doesn't shine in 1 particular domain and he's not a master of a being a jack of all trades like Fernandinho, his average match rating to that point was one of the lowest as well on whoscored, in fact only an injured Gundogan and Garcia had a lower one to that point, so I'm not convinced.

Much better;-) ta<br /><br />-- 20 Dec 2013 19:27 --<br /><br />Morgan Schneiderlin is the player id be looking at.Prem proven attributes that we are seeking and probably less than half the price of a hyped up 'import'.

Blue Haze said:
Only question I have is why did Chelsea let him go? If they saw something in him, surely they wouldn't have thrown him into the Luiz deal.

No Chelsea manager is afforded the time to blood a youth player in.

He was the next big thing, Piazon was the next big thing, Ake is the next big thing, none will ever play regularly for Chelsea.

Even the youths they brought in for high price tags (Lukaku, Courtois) they won't call upon.

Not that we can say any different here at City but it seems from the very top on down they want to blood more youths but it's a hard thing to do when you're expected to win 1-2 competitions per season.

Blue Haze said:
Only question I have is why did Chelsea let him go?

Chelsea are one of the three big teams who are interested (City, PSG), so probably regret it.

No one is more wasteful with young talent than Chelsea.

We get criticised, but we've not had a Lukaku or Courtois on our books. The one teen at an advanced level we did sign is a first choice centre-back.

toddluvzgta said:
Kun Aguero said:
No idea if he's any good but if it includes Garcia going we should pay whatever they want.
we got Garcia from them no way they are buying him back. same logic as stocks.

as for Matic, i'm happy with our Fernandinho. no panic Yaya ain't leavin' anytime soon

But that's not necessarily true though, is it? Players go back to play for old clubs all the time.

He's a pure defensive midfielder, just what we don't have.
Great player, I think that we need a defensive midfielder (Matic or Matuidi for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.