Netherlands v England - Wed 10th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Semi-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You've answered your own question. Given the extremely limited amount of game time he's getting in league games, it's difficult to see how he could kick on. Still less, break into the England squad.

He played 96mins less in the league than he did the previous season. Overall he played more minutes last season than the season before.

He started and played 90mins in 6 Champions League games. He started, played 90mins, and was MotM for his only England appearance last season.

He's a player suited to international football, and he can cover a variety of positions. I'm not surprised he wasn't taken, like Grealish there was an easy excuse to leave him behind. If Lewis got the opportunity to play a game alongside Rice, then Alexander-Arnold, Mainoo, and Gallagher wouldn't have got a look in.

Mainoo is a very talented player, but Lewis is a more intelligent one.

Got to say, the subs worked. However, while the ones coming on were right, it should have been Kane and Bellingham off. Taken Foden off was nonsense.
I don’t think subbing Foden off was any slight on the young man, it was just changing one good player for another in order to change approach. It worked because the Dutch didn’t adjust their counter approach accordingly. It is a useful tool in the England armament and an indication of the depth of quality we have, I have never known our national team such abundance of talent before.

I don’t think subbing Foden off was any slight on the young man, it was just changing one good player for another in order to change approach. It worked because the Dutch didn’t adjust their counter approach accordingly. It is a useful tool in the England armament and an indication of the depth of quality we have, I have never known our national team such abundance of talent before.
Kind of agree, fresh legs at the very least. Don't think Palmer did anything special though, it was more having Watkins making runs that gave the passer more choices. Foden would probably have played the same pass.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.