Netherlands v Turkiye - Sat 6th July, 20:00 | Euro 2024 Quarter-Final

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MCFC1993

Kick off time 20:00 (BST). Coverage starts at 19:00 on ITV1. Being played in Berlin.

1000011664.jpg
1000011666.jpg

Two teams that are scoring, could be the most entertaining quarter-final.

the thing about this game is, it will be in Berlin. Berlin is highly Turk populated as you know))) we will have the home advantage in stadium. Even if we play against Germany, we would have the home advantage. those turks living in germany are crazy.
by the way, the turkish fans you are watching in this tournament are +90% immigrant Turks (unfortunately they dont know how to chant or affect the pitch). Due to the financial difficulites we are experiencing in Turkey lately, very few Turks from Turkey are visiting the tournament...

i lived 5 yeas in amsterdam centrum. the relationship between immigrant turks and dutchs are really very problematic. i think it is the worst actually. i hope no bad incidents will happen.

about the game, it will be the first game in this tournament Turks are knowing the starting eleven before the game. the confidence is high.

Hakan Çalhanoğlu (inter), will start again. many of us, me also, believe that we are better without him, as we saw in Austria game. but, we will see.

Altough i am not a fan of Kerem Aktürkoğlu (Gala) i think it will be better if we play with him. Kenan (juve) should not start.

good luck for both sides.

ps: i will stop posting for a while, starting from tomorrow, or saturday maybe; since i dont wanna give disturbance to anyone here as a Turk. i am doing my best here since i first signed in; but england and turkey are possible opponents now in this tournament; i will stop posting for a while. i hope one of the two teams will be in the final. sure england got a great chance... both possibilities i will be so happy.

cheers

Last edited:
Waiting for the Demiral decision. Rumour is 2 matches suspension.

The topic around the grey wolves gesture meanwhile has reached the highest diplomatic level between Turkey and Germany. Erdogan will be in the stadium tomorrow and we can expect Turkish fans doing the same in chauvinist pride during the anthem at least...

Shame we don't define the rules pre tournament to avoid any discussion when it happens. Poor.

Turkey appealing at CAS (no chance IMO).
Decision expected tonight.

Erdogan being quoted nobody has a problem with Germany having an eagle on the shirt or a cockerell for France.
Err, couldn't find a wulf on Turkey shirts ever, but hey.

Erdogan being quoted nobody has a problem with Germany having an eagle on the shirt or a cockerell for France.
fist banknote of turkish republic, in 1920s. hunderds of other examples... but yes, never a wulf in football shirts. it is a different story.
1720185784207.png

fist banknote of turkish republic, in 1920s. hunderds of other examples... but yes, never a wulf in football shirts. it is a different story.
View attachment 124414
Ah, there he is! ;)
I have all respect for Turkey and their culture, but to avoid any trouble UEFA doesn't allow political or non-sportive actions or statements.

He just could have celebrated and kissed his shirt, that's it.
Now we have big trouble ahead. Much ado about nothing.

Ah, there he is! ;)
I have all respect for Turkey and their culture, but to avoid any trouble UEFA doesn't allow political or non-sportive actions or statements.

He just could have celebrated and kissed his shirt, that's it.
Now we have big trouble ahead. Much ado about nothing.
totally agree.
he did kind a similar thing 4 years ago... in france game...
i am so angry with him and i am not the only one. anyway, really dont wanna comment much on that issue.

actually he was not even our 3rd defender central. he would not be in the squad also. 2 defender centrals injured for starting 11. then he called up to squad. and ruined the beautiful ambians we had here after decades.
anyway...
cheers

totally agree.
he did kind a similar thing 4 years ago... in france game...
i am so angry with him and i am not the only one. anyway, really dont wanna comment much on that issue.

actually he was not even our 3rd defender central. he would not be in the squad also. 2 defender centrals injured for starting 11. then he called up to squad. and ruined the beautiful ambians we had here after decades.
anyway...
cheers
Demiral had top performances in the EURO, think he's a big miss now. But I'm no expert of the Turkish team for sure...

Anyway, the trouble about the wolf salute is quite funny for Germans, as kids in the Kindergarten are learning the same gesture as "silent fox" to be silent and listen :)
1720187604227.png

I love passionate fans, but I also expect top respect for the opponent side. We have enough trouble in the world.
Turkish fans would get an incredible amount of German sympathies if they are silent during the opponent anthems. Hope they can do it.

about CAS:
just officially announced that:

''since the ban is 2 games Turkey can not appeal to CAS. If it was 3, then turkey could have''

UEFA (German government lets say) closing all the ways for appealing against decision. (7 hours passed. They still did not officially send the details of the decision to Turkish Football Federation and Demiral)
funny:)))

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.