Neville slags City...

So tell me Mr Neville is the sign of a desperate, poorly run club to have their manager drive to the airport on deadline day to kidnap a player on the way to sign for their rivals?

Johnsonontheleft said:
Right, let's get this straight.

Gary Neville is a dyed in the wool rag who is now bitter about City's success and he's smarting from that Aguero winner, as he's still smarting from the day Goater made him look like the **** he is and we all cheered.

He saw an opportunity for a bumper pay packet from Sky and a career in the media, which has also led to his appointment as England's assistant manager. So he bottled his hatred all up and last season actually over-praised us. Classic over-trying. Nice as pie so that he didn't cut short his media career and be labelled as biased. Most blues have been sucked in by this - particularly, I suspect, the younger ones who do not remember how much of a **** this guy actually is.

Make no mistake, he hates our club, this fact will come out in the wash as his barbed comments increase and his bias shines through, now that his 'great pundit' persona has been cemented.

Remember his reaction in the away end in the Carling Cup a few years ago? Remember the Tevez situation?

He's no different from Mickey Thomas, Lou Macari or Paddy Crerand in that his heart bleeds red and he hates us.

Any article or quote from Gary Neville which attacks us in some form or other does not surprise me, and nor should it you.

It will get worse.
No, what's going to happen is that we will prove know-it-all-neville as wrong as a gary glitter playschool.

What you need to do is stop giving a fuck mate! The ex-rags will always be cunts, they will always spout off in the tabloids, the scum will always lap it up, all we can do is beat them on and off the pitch, and sing AGUEROOOOOO!!

supercrystal7 said:
bazzlar said:
Do you really think we would have got Garcia for the price we did if we went for him early in the transfer window. Benfica would have used the opportunity to get other clubs interested and then an auction would ensue. We go last day to prevent this and back the seller and player into a corner putting us in the drivers seat.
Great people know this, but say Yaya got injured. Barry is out at the moment and you are suddenly forced to play a 21 year old kid and a guy getting used to the league. What happens in the CL if you lose your first couple of games due to this? In the long run the risk could cost you millions and trophies. Or worse still what if for some reason the deal does not go through like the Mountinho one? Garcia realising he has you decides to ask for a ridiculous sum of money. There is no coincidence that clubs, that do business late start badly.

How many points did Tottenham miss out on the CL by? How bad were they at the start of the season last year? Do you think the extra 2 million they got for Modric worth those couple of points?
I agree with the original point made, we missed out, possibly, but had to to get a better price.

As to the effect of us doing this, and the potential effects, well, there is plenty of extrapolations of that way of thinking, fucking up the CL isn't one I take seriously. We did it all on the last day because imho, we will not be held to ransom and had to find alternatives. Now we are in Sept and undoubtedly stronger, and haven't been ripped off.

Seems worth it to me.

Crikey, ex-Man Utd player and die hard fan in saying something bad about City shocker.......look at it this way, if an ex-City legend was being cheeky about Utd in the media we'd all be on here cheering and lauding him to the rafters. .

If this was anybody else, i'd agree. Panic buying gets no where and shows that we didn't get our main targets. However it's Neville, who's opinion i put just below Katy Prices social life.

It seems like there's a difference of opinion on Neville and his comments. Yes, he didn't mention City directly as some posters have pointed out but he's not going to is he? He can't come across as biased because of his TV work and he has to be whiter than white but as a poster pointed out his hatred for City runs deep and more snide and bitter comments will follow by Neville.
As for the transfer window situation this summer I think City had a very difficult balancing act to perform and after having initial reservations about Marwood, I think he did very well in the end. There were particular reasons why our main targets didn't come to us and in a way I'm glad they didn't, as Platt said yesterday we now have a great squad with quality in depth and in my opinion the signings of DeRossi, RVP and Hazard would have upset the harmony within it.
So next time Mr Neville, instead of making a general comment about clubs not being run properly, don't be scared please grow a pair and mention the names of those clubs so we all know who and what your talking about.

IcriedwhenTueartleft said:
Crikey, ex-Man Utd player and die hard fan in saying something bad about City shocker.......look at it this way, if an ex-City legend was being cheeky about Utd in the media we'd all be on here cheering and lauding him to the rafters. .

Neville is a regular pundit on Sky,herein lies the difference, since buzzer quite rightly gave his outburst on sky he has not been invited back..

Sky are man utd Neville is man utd..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.