Neville Southall interview

Great interview - this paragraph made me laugh out loud
Is Southall looking forward to the World Cup? “I am – but it’s in the wrong country. Why would you go to a country where human rights are shit? Where homophobia is horrendous. England should have sent the LGBT team to represent them. Fuck Putin. ‘Here’s our gay team. What are you going to do now?’ Or they should send an all black team, just to annoy Putin.”

I remember him playing for my home team club Winsford United at the start of his career, where he was getting rave revues.
Dave Tadge Connor (ex City lad) was the Manager at Bury at the time and he came to watch him few times and then Winsford made some wonderful and much needed revenue.I am almost certain we sold him for about £20K but with an add on clause for something like 25% should he ever get sold.
Role on a couple of years later and Everton came in for him and once again Winsford ended up with a hell of lot of cash from his move.
Saw him doing a Sportsmans Evening at Crewe Alex many years later and he was a very funny guy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.