Nevizade Street - 1 year ago today

I wilted around 4.30 am, a combination of age and Parkinson’s. Went back to rest in the hotel, which was right in the thick of it. About an hour later I heard my brother come in. Asked if it was done. Turned out there was a party on our street. Second wind and we continued til 10 am. Great time, never to be forgotten

Best City fan party ever.

Even if you tried to explain it to City fans who sadly weren’t there, it would be impossible to do the night and the whole day justice. When Galatasaray S.K fans were joining in and were blown away by our support, the night, and the scenes around Navizade Street, you know it was something special.

City drunk 3 months of beer in one day and night on Navizade Street. Official. Bars were drunk dry. Beer fridges in the bars were completely empty. No trouble. No arrests.
Apart from the obvious, there was much about which City fans can feel justifiably proud. Despite being treated like dirt by Uefa on the big night, our behaviour was largely impeccable throughout. In part at least, I'd like to think we respected the hospitality of the local people too much to consider trashing the place. Can you imagine how the fans of a certain red-shirted team would have reacted under the same circumstances?

Just THE best few days ever
Actually losing to Chelsea in Porto made this so much better and a lot more got to witness it so I’ll take that defeat; as Porto was a great weekend
Those 4 days trumped it x 10
Especially the Thursday & Sunday nights

What a night. We drank the place dry & sang & sang.

Attachments

• IMG_0857.jpeg
    IMG_0857.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 156

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.