Nevizade Street - 1 year ago today

As well as Nevizade on Friday night and after the match I spent pre-match on Saturday, and Sunday afternoon in Sultanahmet near Rounders bar. Great atmosphere there as well.
I was in Sultanahmet from Thursday to Sunday morning, did venture over to Taksim as well, a great bar called RocknRolla, brilliant night.
In Sultanahmet we used Just Bar, up the road from Rounders.
Was gutted to miss Sunday night but I'd booked a flight back to Bodrum, with hindsight I should've bumped it.
As others have said, best trip of my life, can't ever imagine topping it. Then again I thought the same about the 5-1 in 89.

I was in Sultanahmet from Thursday to Sunday morning, did venture over to Taksim as well, a great bar called RocknRolla, brilliant night.
In Sultanahmet we used Just Bar, up the road from Rounders.
Was gutted to miss Sunday night but I'd booked a flight back to Bodrum, with hindsight I should've bumped it.
As others have said, best trip of my life, can't ever imagine topping it. Then again I thought the same about the 5-1 in 89.
Think we were at Just Bar or next door to it on Sunday afternoon and opposite Rounders on Saturday afternoon.

I ran out of money in a bar after I had ordered a beer. I must have owned the bar about 50p in English money, but the cunts wouldn’t let me leave without paying what I owed. Thankfully some blues helped me out and paid the money. Thanks, who ever you are.

My weekend started badly on the Friday as the hotel I booked into ( Taksim prince hotel) didn't exist. Spent ages trying to find it so booked into another close to Nevidaze st. Went down late on Friday night where the street was jammed. Danced and sang with Galatasaray fans . Sunday was out at Rounders bar near the blue mosque. Another great night . All in all as as City fan there was nowhere else you wanted to be that weekend

Best week ever!
13 hours on a coach from Antalya!
Big shout to @kerem gokmen

Fucking ace that. What a place Istanbul was, didn’t understand people saying it was a shit hole. It’s just old as fuck, but the place was seeping with culture. Turks were lovely, the food was incredible and Nevizade on the Friday night gave a lot of us one of the best nights we’ll ever experience. If it weren’t for the shit stadium, it would be a 10/10 host City.

As well as Nevizade on Friday night and after the match I spent pre-match on Saturday, and Sunday afternoon in Sultanahmet near Rounders bar. Great atmosphere there as well.
We stayed round there.
Spent all Sunday night dancing on the streets even though we're FOC's.
Taxi to the airport about eight in the morning, then taxi back to our hotel to collect bags we'd forgot lol, then back to airport for flight home in time for parade.
Happy days!

It was mental on that Friday night. We only spent a few hours on Nevizade Street as we didn't get to our digs until about 9pm. We'd spent the Thursday night in Dusseldorf to break the trip up a bit but in hindsight I wish we'd skipped that and gone straight to Istanbul. Another regret was not heading back there after the match. We had to be be up early on the Sunday morning for our flight home but we could've done an hour or two on Nevizade Street first. Everyone was fucked though after the amount of time it took to get to the stadium. Still, it was a great trip!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.