New “UEFA Financial Sustainability” rules

I don't see how any rule change in FFP can stop Manchester city now

not unless they come up with a system that only allows free transfer players at the so-called elite clubs to play in Europe then NOTHING can stop Manchester city from bossing Europe for the next 5 to 10 years

I think the point was, assuming the profit realised on the first player after book value was accounted for was £50m and the second player cost £50m then the 'net spend' was zero. However, in reality the second players cost is amortised over 5 years (so £10m per year) and FFP looks at 3 year periods so, for the first three years after this exchange we have money in = £50m, money out = £30m so overall +£20m and all is well. For the next two years it is money in = £0m, money out = £20m so overall -£20m and potentially a problem.
But you are also taking the exiting player's wages off the payables - if the replacement was on a similar paygrade then the annual (wage) outgoings are flat.
Edit: sorry, that wasn't your point, but surely we'd need a lot of like for like exchanges (or low sales to high purchases) for the amortisation to ever become a real problematic influence on the rolling-period p/l?

Last edited:
I carnt get my head around the wider interpretation of fair value ? Seems open to abuse and legal challenges and cannot believe it’s not been challenged and I don’t mean just by us i think if we did challenge it it would look bad so makes sense not to for now but it seems the rule could affect even the favored clubs depending on who is assessing value and what will sponsors think ? Including the ones that sponsors teams and competitions eg Nissan

I don't see how any rule change in FFP can stop Manchester city now

not unless they come up with a system that only allows free transfer players at the so-called elite clubs to play in Europe then NOTHING can stop Manchester city from bossing Europe for the next 5 to 10 years
Ancoats
like your positivity. Im more glass half full and still think there my be a twist or turn from the establishment. They have worked so hard and with such a crap hand they may just attack again. The FA inquiry is still live, the CFG construct may yet get attention and the sponsorship fair value mechanism Is yet to play out.

Ancoats
like your positivity. Im more glass half full and still think there my be a twist or turn from the establishment. They have worked so hard and with such a crap hand they may just attack again. The FA inquiry is still live, the CFG construct may yet get attention and the sponsorship fair value mechanism Is yet to play out.

We must be squeaky clean, or we would have been found out long ago, so I don't see how any new rule makes Manchester city lose any sleep, also having pep on board gives us another stick to beat them with because he knows the dirty on the big 2 Spanish clubs and told Barcelona chairman to be careful what you say,

Manchester city generate our own money now and the club turn over is one of the best in Europe, plus we have the added joker card of being debt free, we all knew FFP and UEFA were looking in past revenue and tried to make something stick,

I see it as everybody of the elite clubs are bent to the core, but we hold a couple of joker cards in pep and knowing stuff about Barcelona and Spanish football having Liverpool settle out of court after being found out they were taping into our accounts,

it's better having some shit on others for back up

Ancoats
That would be "glass half empty" ;)

But you are also taking the exiting player's wages off the payables - if the replacement was on a similar paygrade then the annual (wage) outgoings are flat.
Edit: sorry, that wasn't your point, but surely we'd need a lot of like for like exchanges (or low sales to high purchases) for the amortisation to ever become a real problematic influence on the rolling-period p/l?
Yes, I realise you can't look at a single set of transactions in isolation and, in reality there will be many comings and goings that have to be taken as a whole but I was more just idly speculating if we could inadvertently breach the rules even if we were nominally living within our mean according to the 'net spend' advocates. Which was more of a commentary both on the futility of looking at net spend and the shortcomings of the FFP rules.

If they've changed the rules there is only one reason why.......to help the Red Shirts and to try and hinder us and the Toon!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.