New away kit revealed

As much as this pains most of us to admit (and angers, actually) your points are valid—this year's kits are not for long-time supporters of the club (and I am referring to anyone in their 30s or older that has been supporting City for most of their life or any age from England, really), it is for new supporters abroad, especially American ones. And even non-supporters they want to convert. They've designed kits to appeal to the markets in the US and China (so traditional identity is not particularly important). These aren't City kits, they're CFG kits.

Ironically, NYCFC is the only club in our "family" which will be playing in a City kit this year.

Very true. I appreciate the post. I know I'm divisive but I also know I'm a blue. It's growing here in the states. Give us a chance. Especially the newer ones. Been one since 09/10. It's very rare for Americans to be blues anyway :)

Very true. I appreciate the post. I know I'm divisive but I also know I'm a blue. It's growing here in the states. Give us a chance. Especially the newer ones. Been one since 09/10. It's very rare for Americans to be blues anyway :)
I don't think any true blue does not want our fanbase to grow, especially in the US. But I think many of us do worry at what cost. We want to "give it a chance", as you said, but it needs to be in line with what City represents—otherwise, what is the point?

This odd departure from our traditional colours (as the light blue is even off, unfortunately) is probably isolated to this season. But, if it isn't, things could go the way of Cardiff City, but on a much grander scale.

Next season's home and away kit have to go down as the worst combo in our club history. Each time i look at them i am about to throw up; never again let the yankees spread their bad taste on anything related to the club, never.

It makes our home kit almost half decent, where did the colour scheme come from? Nike really haven't done themselves any favours with this seasons horror show of kits

Fluorescent yellow socks with a black and...fuck knows what the shoulder colour is..shirt. Hideous. Why do we have to be steam-rollered into having Nike template kits when they're paying us relative peanuts for the kit deal?

Next season's home and away kit have to go down as the worst combo in our club history. Each time i look at them i am about to throw up; never again let the yankees spread their bad taste on anything related to the club, never.
The irony is that NYCFC's home kit is the best "City" kit I've seen since we won the FA Cup

I don't think any true blue does not want our fanbase to grow, especially in the US. But I think many of us do worry at what cost. We want to "give it a chance", as you said, but it needs to be in line with what City represents—otherwise, what is the point?

This odd departure from our traditional colours (as the light blue is even off, unfortunately) is probably isolated to this season. But, if it isn't, things could go the way of Cardiff City, but on a much grander scale.

My worry is if these kits are aimed at the foreign market then traditional City kits won't be back anytime soon.

If these sell well abroad they'll not chance losing that cash cow just to please 55,000 match goers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.