new bands with City fans in?

Some golden oldies for the old mayflower crew in Gorton...

Wayne Barrett...Slaughter and the Dogs...Wythenshawes finest
Armed Force...couple of the old cool cats used to be in it...cant remember the names....Muppet rings a bell!
The Hamsters from Denton
Pretty sure Mike Joyce was a blue...drummer with the Hoax then Smiths. Steve Morrison ....keyboard player in New Order was a blue

Remember Hucknalls old band..Frantic Elevators...pile of shite then and still is!

Dont forget Rob Gretton...RIP...massive blue

m27 said:
allblackcitizen said:
Alex from The Earlies (a manc/texan outfit) is a blue.

The Earlies are quality. Had a few drinks with occasional member Giles.

Pretty much defunct now according to Alex. He's moved to Brighton (where I live). Apparently the Manc/Texas thing was pretty hard to sustain. Unsurprisingly.

pardoe said:
julio jordio said:
Burgess is a red. As regards the roses I don't think Squire and Reni are blues and Brown and Mani certainly aren't.

Burgess, Squire and Reni are all definitely Blues.

Squire was a season-ticket holder at Maine Road for many years. Probably why he's now a bit daft in the head!

EDIT: I'm talking about Mark Burgess of The Chameleons here, not Tim from The Charlatans. He's definitely a rag, yes.

I am positive I remember reading the NME, around about the time of Charlatans releasing 'The only one i know', it was an interview with Tim Burgess, I am sure they were discussing 'Sproston Green', and Tim was quoted as saying, "ah yes, Northwich and mcfc", the next line he said, "oh I don't bother with the football so much now though". It could have been a typo, but I believe he got into the rags, as his old fella used to go corporate.

Another one who I read about in the NME around the same time was Clint Boon of the Inspirals, it was around the time of the 'Cool as Milk' promos on the milk bottles, he said he was a blue, but I am pretty sure he has since turned to the dark side!

Clint Boon claims not to be into football.
However, if you follow his mum on twitter: @marieboon (she is a legend!) then she supports City and Oldham.

Billy Duffy out of The Cult; he and Johnny Marr used to go to Maine Road together.
Whilst we're on the subject, did anyone hear Johnny Marr on Pete Mitchell's show on XFM this morning, doing the 'super fan' questions?
I was ashamed of him - he only answered one correctly...I was sat in the car shouting all the answers out.

I think Little Frank is more of a Timperley Bigshorts fan isn't he. Or the Alty ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.