New bed advice please!

gazhinio

Should be moving in a few weeks so I am looking to get a new bed..
I would be interested in..
Anybody who works in that industry...maybe you could advize and obviously give me a massive 60% discount lol
Anybody who might have recently bought one..any good places (good experiences) or any bad places (horror stories and places to avoid!)..
Basically, I have suffered from a bad back for years so will probably be throwing a few quid at this one!
Was talking to some lad at work who bought a tempur ....sounds like food to me ; )
Anyway he said it is great, another lad bought a memory foam from Dreams (he loves it also!)..
Very confusing times for Gazhinio...any help or advice would be smashing!

Get an 'Ergoflex'. I got one a year ago and its the best money i've ever spent. I only got the mattress as it just went ontop of the base I already had. Its like a tempur mattress, but not as expensive. Think my kingsize one was £450. Alot of money, but for something you spend upwards of 7 hours using, a wise investment.

Having suffered with my back for years, I took the plunge and shelled out a fair bit for a new bed. Bit of advice is to go to a showroom and try em out (no shagging obviously), thats what I did. Before we went the missus said she did not want a divan as they are fuddy duddy. But we ended up buying one because of the comfort level it offered. We went for a base that was pocket sprung with a layer of memory foam on top. The only thing about it was the height. Have to give the missus a leg up. Hehe.

Happy hunting

Pigeonho said:
Get an 'Ergoflex'. I got one a year ago and its the best money i've ever spent. I only got the mattress as it just went ontop of the base I already had. Its like a tempur mattress, but not as expensive. Think my kingsize one was £450. Alot of money, but for something you spend upwards of 7 hours using, a wise investment.

Good advice fellow Mostonian!
Where did you buy it from pal?
Ps how firm is it? (the mattress ya cheeky monkey!)

gazhinio said:
Pigeonho said:

Good advice fellow Mostonian!
Where did you buy it from pal?
Ps how firm is it? (the mattress ya cheeky monkey!)
http://www.ergoflex.co.uk/

Its hard to describe mate, its firm but also it just moulds itself when you lay on it. My worry was that I would not be able to turn in my sleep due to the fact it moulds, but not had anythng other than lovely sleep. Its awesome mate, to be honest.

I didn't realise how expensive Tempur mattresses were until last Saturday. Was dragged around Arighi Bianchi by SWMBO. They have a darkened room with a Tempur bed set-up in it. I nearly fell asleep - it was lovely. A king-sized mattress was about £2500 !!!

interesting to look at ergoflex - cheers.

I bought a mattress from <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mattressnextday.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mattressnextday.co.uk</a> for the spare room a couple of years ago. Was a decent price, and delivered when they said it would be.

I bought a new bed fairly recently and would say that it's not really the bed but the mattress that you should concentrate on. The one I got was from a cheapo centre on an industrial estate, and the mattress had a mark on it, so was like a third of the price. It's a pocket sprung mattress but at full price is about £500 and really comfy. So whilst you might get a discount on an expensive one, just do a shop around and whilst I'm sure you're not, don't rule anywhere out as they might have just what you want at a cheap price.

Lancashire Blue said:
I bought a new bed fairly recently and would say that it's not really the bed but the mattress that you should concentrate on. The one I got was from a cheapo centre on an industrial estate, and the mattress had a mark on it, so was like a third of the price. It's a pocket sprung mattress but at full price is about £500 and really comfy. So whilst you might get a discount on an expensive one, just do a shop around and whilst I'm sure you're not, don't rule anywhere out as they might have just what you want at a cheap price.

Good advice..think I will just use the likes of Dreams etc to gauge what mattress I want and then go elsewhere to get a better price!

Keep the advice coming peeps

Careful if you get a bed and mattress from different places. Ikea sizes are bigger than everywhere else.
We got a new bed from bed express in Bury 3 years ago and it's fucked already. We had our last mattress for ten years and it was still ok. The one from bed express is fucked after 3 years, and I mean fucked too. Springs poking out of the bottom. Bit of a sore point really because it wasn't fucking cheap and I've lost the receipt. We've got a new mattress ordered from Tesco direct. It should have been £500 but it was half price.
I would have gone to Ikea because they give a 25 year guarantee but there's nowt wrong with the base and like I already mentioned, Ikea sizes are different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.