New best 11

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Bluebee2 said:
Petrov shown the door, he's started all Mancini's matches. Bridge will be second choice as he has been for years if the Argentine kid comes in.

If they wanted to keep petrov he would have a contract on table for him, they dont, he free to talk to anyone!!!
That was before Mancini came in i believe, saying that you may be right.

dctid said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Yeah barry would be so impressed playing LB and ruining his england chance he would slap in a transfer request so fast mancini head would snap off

Barry would never ever EVER play left back ever for City other than providng emergenct cover - by doing so he would effectively kill his england place as Capello aint going to pick a Barry over Cole at left back and he wont pick him in midfield if he dont play in that position for his club - i am totally baffled that people seriously think this could happen.
JESUS! I know what people mean by "Tin hat on" now.The thing is,in a successful team,or one that aspires to be successful,players have to be adaptable.I'm sure Capello wouldn't punish Barry for being able to play in more than one position.

dctid said:
anymore than 2sheiks said:
So who would you trust more at LB,Barry or Bridge?If Barry was told LB or bench, he'd choose LB.Bellamy would say he's not a LM,Tevez would say he's not a RM.I chose a side with no (in my opinion) weakness anywhere.

Thats not the issue - the issue is would Barry do it on an permanent basis and the answer is NO.
The issue is if Barry was given a choice of LB or bench,he'd choose LB.There is massive competition in our SQUAD now.

dctid said:
Thats not the issue - the issue is would Barry do it on an permanent basis and the answer is NO.
The issue is if Barry was given a choice of LB or bench,he'd choose LB.There is massive competition in our SQUAD now.

If he was given choice of LB or bench over Bridge i would seriously question bobbys tactical nous, why do you think he will pick DJ over barry when a midfield clearly dont need viera and DJ too defensive

BoyBlue_1985 said:

If he was given choice of LB or bench over Bridge i would seriously question bobbys tactical nous, why do you think he will pick DJ over barry when a midfield clearly dont need viera and DJ too defensive
You ever seen some of the runs Viera makes or the goals he's scored?

Have you seen him do that often lately? Vieira will not be the same box to box midfielder that he was at Arsenal, I'm not saying he won't be good but he will be different.

BoyBlue_1985 said:

Didi Hamman, McMannaman, Steve McMahon all scored some cracking goals before they came to city, then scored none once they joined late on in their careers.

Vieri and Vieira's goals have dried up a bit.

dctid said:

He would be gone - he is a central midfield player - that is his chosen position simples - the idea that players will meekly obey and do whatever they are told is baffling especially first choice England Internationls

You lot are sooo negative.
We are about to blow this league away.

Your worried about Barry playing left back.
Will not happen, he's too slow for that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.