New car park rules a farce

QUOTE="TheBlueDune, post: 9727195, member: 37274"]Stopped parking at the ground last year. Could be sat in the car park an hour after match finished - always stay until the end.
I park 10 mins walk away from the stadium and yesterday the traffic was much quieter
Perhaps everyone getting clogged up around the stadium meant that they hadn't got onto the roads by the time I 'd walked to my car
Like always, stayed to the end, applauded the players off, walked to the car and arrived home in Northwich well before 6pm

I have a disabled passenger so have to park at the ground.

Got to Sale at 6.40pm.

ok matey sorry for jumping in

its shocking that the move to eastlands was sold to the club back in 2000 that the road system was great for getting to and away from the game hahahahahah

Well it was. Until someone put 50,000 extra people in it at one time!

I gave up parking in the blue car parks this season, so much easier to park just outside the zone. I don't have to run to the car any more and can leisurely stroll back, plus it saves me a tenner which is a pint for me and my lad.

Slightly off topic but to do with getting away.

Is the canal path the quickest way of getting to Piccadilly station? Difficult to judge from the map, following the pedestrian signs down the New Road seemed to be a long way of doing it.

Even half an hour after the finish the tram queue looked too long and with no apparent movement we walked.
Bit dangerous using the canal though with Jack The Dipper still out there....

Has anyone got any idea what was going on with parking at Asda today? The velodrome was shut to football parking (even though the blokes on the gate on Tuesday and Wednesday both said it would be open) so we turn up at Asda and a guy in an orange high vis says he's employed by the club to tell us Asda is not available for football parking and we should go to the Blue car park at the Etihad.
Asked in Asda they said they didn't know anything about it or who he was.

I got there about 2:20pm and there was no fella in an orange hi-vis jacket telling me I couldn't park on there or anything. They used to have parking attendants on there that used to direct cars to the left hand side of the car park when you get on there for £5 but they haven't been there at all this year. I'd be ignoring anyone that was saying that to me and just parking on there anyway.

I got there about 2:20pm and there was no fella in an orange hi-vis jacket telling me I couldn't park on there or anything. They used to have parking attendants on there that used to direct cars to the left hand side of the car park when you get on there for £5 but they haven't been there at all this year. I'd be ignoring anyone that was saying that to me and just parking on there anyway.
Did the same after checking for any parking signs on the car park.

Happy to pay a fiver but its becoming more of a ball ache by the week - with the traffic after the game, especially with the velodrome closed with no warning occasionally.

Sooner or later there'll be parking enforcement notices at Asda if they don't get the football parking people back and it's going to be a nightmare finding somewhere else at short notice.

Did the same after checking for any parking signs on the car park.

Happy to pay a fiver but its becoming more of a ball ache by the week - with the traffic after the game, especially with the velodrome closed with no warning occasionally.

Sooner or later there'll be parking enforcement notices at Asda if they don't get the football parking people back and it's going to be a nightmare finding somewhere else at short notice.

I've parked there for about 4 years now and only paid once. Saturday afternoons are the worst for getting out of the car park, we ran back to the car yesterday after staying until the end and we managed to get out straight away but we can be sat in there until about 5:20 some times when yesterday, I was home by 5:30!!

You're right though, but I think there are already signs that say 'matchday parking restrictions apply' or something like that. There's a couple of car parks a bit further up Ashton New Road where you can park. Or, I'll park closer to Ashton Old Road on one of the side streets and just walk across. It would only take 10 minutes.

I've parked there for about 4 years now and only paid once. Saturday afternoons are the worst for getting out of the car park, we ran back to the car yesterday after staying until the end and we managed to get out straight away but we can be sat in there until about 5:20 some times when yesterday, I was home by 5:30!!

You're right though, but I think there are already signs that say 'matchday parking restrictions apply' or something like that. There's a couple of car parks a bit further up Ashton New Road where you can park. Or, I'll park closer to Ashton Old Road on one of the side streets and just walk across. It would only take 10 minutes.

I'd been parking on Asda for a couple of seasons and paying the fiver going on the left hand side, on occasion when the left side was full due to the velodrome being shut I got told to park on the main bit of the car park still paying a fiver but having my reg put into some sort of handheld thing. On the first game of this season they were there on the night of the Bucharest game they weren't that's the night I asked in Asda and was told that my reg clocked as drove in and I could only stay an hour and quarter and would be fined if I over stayed that time. That night and the West Ham game I parked at the Velodrome but it turns out that can be a bit hit and miss so although it's a tenner and a pain to get out I think I'll be heading straight for the Blue Car Park in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.