New car park rules a farce

Ambled out of SS3 after applauding the players in the centre circle, easy to get out as the early leavers had fucked off.

First time I've driven rather than drank this season, walked out the usual way by the gas thingy, smirked at all the early leavers sat in thier cars gridlocked.

Jumped into mine parked just outside the manic area and got home in no time.

Great end to the day.

Stopped parking at the ground last year. Could be sat in the car park an hour after match finished - always stay until the end.

Now park about 15 mins walk away and am on M602 by 5.30 and home about 7.30, M6 permitting.

Basic problem is the traffic lights are set for average traffic flow on a weekday. Hi-viz guy flicking a switch only moves the jam down to the next set of lights. Needs a "match" setting on the lights right up to ancoats, Oldham road, Droylsden, Hyde road to get a decent flow away.

Nightmare yesterday , traffic seemed to be gridlocked in almost every direction.

I park 10 mins walk away from the stadium and yesterday the traffic was much quieter
Perhaps everyone getting clogged up around the stadium meant that they hadn't got onto the roads by the time I 'd walked to my car
Like always, stayed to the end, applauded the players off, walked to the car and arrived home in Northwich well before 6pm

That would be the same bloke with the clip board who said to me to park on the Blue Car park or you can bung me a fiver and park here, I opted for the Blue Car park , as it seemed well dodgy.
How much was the Blue car park beano, and what was it like getting out after the game ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.