New City fan: what should I know?

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but the Blue Moon Podcast is a great place to start. There are 2 other good City podcasts available on Itunes, The City Podcast and Blue Tuesday. Both not only keep you up to date with what's going on but also provides a lot of great City history.

1. We're winning a lot lately but that'll change some day. Everything that goes up comes back down eventually.
2. The media hate us.
3. The other team managers hate us.
4. The other team players hate us.
5. The other team fans REALLY hate us.
6. United are despised and anything that makes life uncomfortable for them and their fans should be celebrated (unless it harms City).
7. You will almost never hear City discussed without money being brought up.
8. Oasis's Gallagher brothers are semi-official spokesmen for the club but their opinions should be taken with a liberal pinch of salt.
9. This one will be hard for you as a new fan but when we lose by all means discuss the issues with it but when the sting wears off just remember that not long ago we were relegated and after promotion for years we mulled about in mid table. Every season we're in the top 4 is a blessing to City fans, so if we finish second or third one season don't be ungrateful about it.
10. We have a habit for screwing things up right when it's most important we don't...although lately we've had a lot of good luck in title races after it looks over.

sir baconface said:
Maly Wilson said:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY1WUJzzEro[/video]

No idea if I've embedded this properly, but you need to know that it's ok being a blue to watch this & blubber like a baby

I just have...even though I've watched it several times before.

Well posted sir.

Ha ha it still gets me every time. Even had my old fella wiping his eyes. Best clip on all of YouTube.....actually best video on the whole of the internet for me

Couple other things:

You had to be among the 100,000+ City supporters who were at York away or you're not a real fan.

Even though we're a good side now, "Typical City" is alive and well in the form of inexplicable random losses (and draws), especially in the Champions League

As far as Ward for Pavelec, I'd trade Ward for any player without a ridiculously long and expensive contract. Wouldn't mind seeing Yaya Toure lace up a pair of skates, actually

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.