New City Pub To Open Inside the Stadium

I remember going past that wire works many times; whatever they did seemed to involve a lot of flames and heat. I think it was the workers from there who used to go in the local pubs, pick up a pint of mild that was already on the counter, and down it in one.

It's quite amazing to think the Etihad sits on top of that, but only people like me, old enough the remember the "as was" get the full amazement factor. Could not be a bigger change if they dropped the Town Hall and substituted a Cotswold village, complete with ducks.
johnsons wire works, a vision of hell on earth...the aniline, papilloma central, in the main office they had a huge oil-painting, depicting the various industries in the area, coal-mines, gas-works, loco-sheds, steel-works etc but the three-masted schooner on the canal was a bit of a stretch. Maynes buses had a blanket ban on aniline workers due to complaints from people getting blue dye on their clothes and shoes...yesterdyes nah too contrived, give up...

Another hospitality area? Who cares. How much have the club piled into corporate and hospitality whilst they still cant sort out queues to get in, beer and food, etc. for the peasants.

Opening for the United game so they are selling for £1,300 plus vat for the remaining 12 games of the season. Seats are in the SE corner on level two. So, you’re looking at about £2,400 for next season. You don’t get anything for that apart from a program and car parking and a chance to sit in the pub and buy drinks so you need more money than sense in my eyes.
However, they’ve already sold out the first lot of seats and have just released 12 more which they expect to sell quickly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.