New City Pub To Open Inside the Stadium

I saw a place in Clitheroe the other day that might be a good template. It's actually the Bowland Brewery Tap, the brewery is in the same building, visible through a glass wall. The actual pub is a huge room with a big central bar with pumps all the way round. They serve food and there are rooms opening off that can be hired for weddings and stuff. It was amazingly busy considering Clitheroe ain't exactly Las Vegas.

This is part of a complex in an old mill. Right next door is a big food hall, where you can also eat, and then (I think) there's a cinema or such like thing attached.

Now to translate that into City terms, the club could get one of the local small breweries to relocate onto the site. You could have your huge pub, which might form a destination in itself if the beer and food choice was right. A food hall might be a bit of a stretch for Beswick at this time, but maybe something like a cinema complex could be bolted on. The investment would be significant, but to someone like our Sheikh, it would be pocket money.
Bowland Brewery is fantastic, and they serve Blue Moon on tap. They have everything in one place. Cracking beers of just about every single type you can imagine, huge open areas with loads of seating and excellent pub food at a decent price. We travel from Preston fairly regularly to it and whether its a night out or a big family meal its a cracking place.

the Ardwick:)

we have been moved for this, been in my seats from day one, we only have to move because i am disabled, my family who are not effected are coming with me. shame but overall its no biggy. Southampton Saturday is my last game there.
They won't be happy until they've moved all the normal folk out of the ground and replaced them with hospitality.

Bowland Brewery is fantastic, and they serve Blue Moon on tap. They have everything in one place. Cracking beers of just about every single type you can imagine, huge open areas with loads of seating and excellent pub food at a decent price. We travel from Preston fairly regularly to it and whether its a night out or a big family meal its a cracking place.
What we're trying to get the club to do is to bring in independent food vendors & microbreweries (which I think they're happy to do) and possibly set up something like the Wembley Box Park by enclosing the area of the shop/City Square. We just think there are so many advantages to doing this in terms of quality, service, price & generally making the Etihad a great choice for pre and post match food & drink.

What we're trying to get the club to do is to bring in independent food vendors & microbreweries (which I think they're happy to do) and possibly set up something like the Wembley Box Park by enclosing the area of the shop/City Square. We just think there are so many advantages to doing this in terms of quality, service, price & generally making the Etihad a great choice for pre and post match food & drink.
yes totally agree and Saturday for me was the perfect example. I took my 8 year old son on Saturday and we got the train. Bit of brekkie before hand and then straight to the match. Afterwards we had a walk around the club shop and would quite happily have spent a few hours and cash if there had been anywhere good to get a pint / kids drink and food after the game that was warm and dry. A brilliant example is AFC fyldes ground. They have a brilliant sports bar open before and after games that shows all live sport, good beers, decent prices, food available. It’s only small in terms of scale for what city could do, but it’s a perfect example of what a good quality pub can do at a ground.

PB.

Spurs have got Beavertown Brewery onboard at their new stadium. https://www.beavertownbrewery.co.uk/home/ Spurs sell Gamma Ray which is brewed in their micro brewery inside the stadium. Think it was £4 a pint. It’s superb! :-)

I’ll throw a Manchester independent brewery in the hat for you. 7 Brothers. They do some cracking beers. City wouldn’t do wrong by getting these guys onboard. They’ve got a cracking bar in Ancoats Square. https://www.sevenbro7hers.com/

Another one for you. On the lines of Wembley Box Park. Hatch, Oxford Road, by Bruntwood. https://hatchmcr.com/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=LPM_Hatch

City really do need to think bigger and better than City Square, plastic bottles of Heineken, and Amstel piss!

Click on the link below for more info.

The new pub is going to be called......

The Ardwick.

7-ADD0-D16-65-C0-4-E74-A5-B2-03438067-B8-C8.png

https://mcfcxtra.com/2019/11/13/man...ihad-stadium-begin-trading-for-chelsea-visit/

So is this corporate? How do you get in?
Yeah, think it’s just another corporate area. Saw someone mention that the club had quoted them £1500 (pro-rata) for a season card with access to “The Ardwick” for the remainder of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.