New CL Format | Thoughts after 2 games (pg13)

Same, wished I hadn't joined the cup scheme now.
Dropped out of CL cup scheme for first time , can recommend it !! Will go to games once knockout starts and probably for cheaper ones in this nonsensical group phase. As i suspect there are fewer and fewer fans in the scheme hoping i will still have a chance of a ticket (14k+ points) if we were to get to the final.

Uefa promised us when the draw was made that every game would be competitive and have jeopardy. Not really seeing that myself. In fact, to me, there is even less interest in this stage, as it's harder to get knocked out than to progress to the ko stage.

I agree with most of the detractors and yet I think I’m going to prefer it as the tournament progresses. Will have to see.
When it gets to the last 16 it will be no different from the previous version. This opening phase is bloody pointless.

Imagine a team from the same country (eg Villa) bragging they've beaten (eg Liverpool) them to a last qualifying place despite they've not played each other or even the same opposition. It's so messed up this.
The point that you might have had a really easy group also makes it weirder

Imagine a team from the same country (eg Villa) bragging they've beaten (eg Liverpool) them to a last qualifying place despite they've not played each other or even the same opposition. It's so messed up this.

Crock of shit immediately come to mind.

I think the thing so far is we've had a team who didn't want to get beat, and did everything possible to achieve that, and we weren't good enough (or committed enough) to break it.

Then we've played a team who knew they had no chance, tried their best but were wide open, and very easy to beat without getting out of second gear.

So neither game has had much going for it.

I can't see our next game inspiring much either to be honest, another team we should be far too good for.

Seedlings don’t mean much either. We’ve got tougher games than Villa, despite them being in pot 4.

Can’t really judge till Matchday 5 onwards I think. I don’t agree at all with people saying they would be happy with 9Th-24th. They’d be the same people complaining about congestion if we had to play those extra games when we really should be in the top 8

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.