New CL Format Thoughts | After GW2 (pg13) | GW3 (pg33)

Last night was hard work, but I'm not sure if that was to do with the new format or the Group Stage in general

I can remember every game from the 1980s where we scored 5 or more goals (including the Leeds and Plymouth FMC victories) but whilst I can still recall Dennis Tueart's 4th goal v Notts County with remarkable clarity, my CL memories are all morphing into one image of being surrounded by foreign speaking strangers as City remain in 2nd gear and gradually overcome weak and overwhelmed opponents with limited ambition

yup I still think of it as a diluted version of what we had previously but now with multiple chances for the failing giants (Barca, Utd, Bayer, etc) to stay in the competition even if they cant win the thing and brings in more revenue for those clubs.

Their promises though have amounted to fuck all, we still get meaningless matches, it isnt fairer. I am struggling to see why they changed it when it clearly wasnt for the reasons they said. Either they are warming us up for a Euro league format, or like I said its a revenue generator for the failing history clubs. An awful of of work has gone into coming up with that new format though, so someone cares a lot.

love to know media opinion of centre back stood with ball waiting and waiting then passing 2 yard only to get it back they defended quiet well and in firt half atleast looked threat on break

The Etihad was pretty much full last night though

I know, I find that interesting.Aside from Real Madrid we are probably the glamour side worldwide now. Therefore we are attracting lots of tourist fans who probably pad out the attendance figures at these games as they will probably be easier to attain. 50,000 is a great attendance midweek for one of the groups less glamorous opposition. Maybe I should rephrase it. I don't really give a fuck until it gets to the quarter final stages.

get two more wins then play the kids. It's a stupid format, it needs to be top 8 get through only. Then things would really spice up

I know, I find that interesting.Aside from Real Madrid we are probably the glamour side worldwide now. Therefore we are attracting lots of tourist fans who probably pad out the attendance figures at these games as they will probably be easier to attain. 50,000 is a great attendance midweek for one of the groups less glamorous opposition. Maybe I should rephrase it. I don't really give a fuck until it gets to the quarter final stages.
I thought there were very few touristy types last night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.