New Dr Who

In the history of RTD weak finale resolutions, this may be the stupidest.

So
the whole rubys mam mystery was pointless and seems like Davies ran out of ideas of how to resolve it, so just used it as an excuse to find a way to create the memory tardis

Also
how did House not notice Sutekh when he took over the tardis in the doctors wife, why didn't sutekh die when the tardis exploded in the panderica opens?

In the history of RTD weak finale resolutions, this may be the stupidest.

So
the whole rubys mam mystery was pointless and seems like Davies ran out of ideas of how to resolve it, so just used it as an excuse to find a way to create the memory tardis

Also
how did House not notice Sutekh when he took over the tardis in the doctors wife, why didn't sutekh die when the tardis exploded in the panderica opens?
Don’t forget that David tenant lives at the nobel house with his tardis :-)

Disappointing end.

The story built up to a week ending. Where it felt they closed off everything just in case Disney withdrew the funding and killed it. With the final scene as an afterthought when he found out he got another season. Also watching it in UHD the effects look worse than the classic 70's run.

I lost interest when
Kate "died". I could see RTD's usual reset button would come into play

"Amazing writing how
RTD made something like Ruby's mum so insignificant at the end"
was one of the fawning comments I read.

Was it fuck. It felt like he built up an arc, then does what he usually does according to the writers tale book. Which is spending weeks procrastinating over how to end it and wrote a rushed ending as the deadline loomed.

Very disappointing end.

Disappointing end.

The story built up to a week ending. Where it felt they closed off everything just in case Disney withdrew the funding and killed it. With the final scene as an afterthought when he found out he got another season. Also watching it in UHD the effects look worse than the classic 70's run.

I lost interest when
Kate "died". I could see RTD's usual reset button would come into play

"Amazing writing how
RTD made something like Ruby's mum so insignificant at the end"
was one of the fawning comments I read.

Was it fuck. It felt like he built up an arc, then does what he usually does according to the writers tale book. Which is spending weeks procrastinating over how to end it and wrote a rushed ending as the deadline loomed.

Very disappointing end.

In fact...

Davies actively promoted your second point as important. Why does this ordinary 15 year old randomly turn and point at a road sign when alone in the middle of the night?

I thought the same when everyone died. Big Reset Button ahoy!

tbf isn't 73 yards an alternate timeline and in that one Sutekh is stuck on a mountain in wales in the year 2045

I picked up 66m = 73 yds (roughly) in the episode before when the Doctor rather specifically said the distance they were in metres. And the 'most dangerous PM' seemed really odd to repeat that too and not pursue how Ruby knew of him. Don't think it was explained in Davies' cleverclever.

Mrs Flood so far:
  • has worn Clara's outfit and said 'you clever boy'
  • worn Rory's gilet/shirt look
  • wore the beanie of the Jodie Whitaker first season assistant (the black guy with autism, or something)
  • to ram it home, did her 4th wall breaking very specifically dressed as Romana 1
Dobson has said the big reveal is towards the end of the second season. Odds on it being average?

Clara was a Moffat character, I think, and he's writing the Christmas ep.

Mrs Flood so far:
  • wore the beanie of the Jodie Whitaker first season assistant (the black guy with autism, or something)
  • to ram it home, did her 4th wall breaking very specifically dressed as Romana 1
Dobson has said the big reveal is towards the end of the second season. Odds on it being average?

"Joy to the World" - Moffats title is his usual cryptic clue. I was surprised we haven't had a trailer yet. Only a 5 second clip of
Ruby telling what looked like the same pub in 73 yards to stay inside. Which could be any episode next series

Knowing RTD's track record Mrs flood will be built up and then we'll find out she's an immortal version of Angie Watts who the Doctor saved from Walford and the big boss will be a reanimated Leslie Grantham.

Last edited:
Mrs Flood so far:

Favpurite rumour is she he is romana 5

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.