New Dr Who

Whittaker is a fine actress. It'll take some good writing to make it mesh well, particularly if they bring in a new companion as well.

I think the last series had some of the best writing for ages, apart from the last episodes which were poor. Now there's a new overlord, so we'll see. And with Missy gone (hurray, although at least they made her not completely irritating at the end), the Master presumably due to regenerate... it's all about getting the writing and enemies right.

I'm not convinced it will work, but we'll see. Capaldi/Bradley at Christmas will be a tough act to follow.

Reactions: mat
Sad acts, geeks, people who don't go out of the house, people who don't listen to music...
Oooooooooooooooo sorry mister hip and cool. I'm very happy, totally not a geek, I'm hardly ever in the house and never have music off since ditching talkshite. And I watch it. It's a family thing. So piss you ;-)
P.s. for the record, having a woman as the Dr is f**king bobbins. It's going to nose dive big time, so probably I'll become hip and trendy like you by not watching it next year x

Whittaker is a fine actress. It'll take some good writing to make it mesh well, particularly if they bring in a new companion as well.

I think the last series had some of the best writing for ages, apart from the last episodes which were poor. Now there's a new overlord, so we'll see. And with Missy gone (hurray, although at least they made her not completely irritating at the end), the Master presumably due to regenerate... it's all about getting the writing and enemies right.

I'm not convinced it will work, but we'll see. Capaldi/Bradley at Christmas will be a tough act to follow.

Apparently Kris Marshall (who was rumoured to be the new dr) is the new companion.

I didn't mind missy, but as john sims had completely ruined the master it wasn't hard to not find her better than him, they should leave the master alone imho as they have struggled to get the essence of Del Gardo or Ainsley right who were great.

RTD doing the doctor in love with rose was awful, Moffat got too far up his own arse at times being a clever twat, but stil wrote some of the best new who storelines ( emptry child/doc dances, blink, silence in the library etc).

There hasn't been a decent dalek story for 3 years, Galifrey has been wasted all this resetting time lines to solve plot holes and love saves the day has got boring.

Who is at it's best when it tells a simple story of an alien in a time traveling police box saving the day.

Last edited:
Marshall as a companion? Sounds very odd as a career move for him. I did wonder whether the reveal of Whittaker was misdirection, and Marshall would be the Doctor, but he'd be quite similar to Matt Smith (tall, ungainly).

Even Simm's Master was ok at the end (the payoff between the two was very apt), but I'd agree that his giggling loon previously was irritating, just as Gomez' batshitcrazy psychopath.

Moffatt - broadly yes. The examples you give were very good, but there was a whole series where it went to bits - he didn't write most of it though, did he? Capaldi's first series was badly misjudged, and the end of Clara wasn't very good (not helped by the amazingly annoying and badly acted Me).

I agree that Love is done with (I didn't think much of Billie Piper, and the endless returns got steadily worse), which is one reason they went with Capaldi. Daleks needed a rest, but they stopped them being daleks really (Dalek episode was brilliant; dalek mutants were stupid). I would be happy if neither they nor the Cybermen appeared for a series - they've both been overpowered.

Back to small scale, self contained stories would be good rather than universe-threatening doom.

I.ve watched Dr Who since the mid sixties and enjoyed most of the doctors, except Sylvestor McCoy who was abysmal.

But this Whiticar woman takes it down to new levels of crap and is only there to give some twat in the BBC a tick in the 'lets promote females' box. Dr Who is a time 'LORD' the clue is in the word.

Now it seems the worst comedian in the world John Bishop is joining the cast. Must be for his 'A' rating as an actor

FFS get back to the brilliant series of Eccleston, Tennant, Smith and Capaldi and lose this tick box mentality.

BTW the same goes for women on football commentaries and Match of the Day etc. Absolutely crap

Run of the mill episode tonight ruined by the announcement of John Bishop becoming a companion.

FFS.

Always amazed how many Yanks ask me am I into Dr Who.
I always reply "yes up to Tom Baker" and they havent a clue.
They are mad on it Christopher Eccleston onwards and go to conventions etc....
One bloke had his little cubicle at work all done up with a Tardis pen holder and Dalek pencil sharpener amongst other items

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.