New Dr Who

I don't watch Doctor Who but I'm a big fan of this decision purely because it winds people up who deserve to be wound up. I should take a note of them all so I know where to go for some entertainment when they cast a black guy as James Bond.

I absolutely love old Dr Who, grew up buying them all on VHS. The new series has been good in places, but going downhill for years now, killed off by Stephen Moffatt. A female Doctor feels totally contrived, but I can't say I really care anymore.

Brilliant casting.

As bold as the first regeneration. The original creator put in his pitch that at one point the character would become female. It's reboots and renews the show an I will watch with anticipation how it fares. If it fails they can always regenerate back to a male.

I am a whovian and felt embarrassed by some of the comments I've seen about it. The premise of the show is an alien that travels in a phone box through space fighting pepper pots and robots with teapot heads, whilst talking to a phallus with a giant eye. And they see a female being cast in an asexual character a bridge too far!

I forgot you were a fellow Whovian Mat!

doctor_who_tom_baker_camp_exit.gif

It's all total shite any ways so who cares whether it's a woman or a guy.

I absolutely love old Dr Who, grew up buying them all on VHS. The new series has been good in places, but going downhill for years now, killed off by Stephen Moffatt. A female Doctor feels totally contrived, but I can't say I really care anymore.
I think it's the reboot it needs to keep it fresh. Moffat got too fanwanky for the main stream audience. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

I forgot you were a fellow Whovian Mat!

doctor_who_tom_baker_camp_exit.gif
tumblr_mwrxbd9wb41qi2jfho4_400.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.