New England kit for Euro '24

Nicky Campbell discussing the new strip. Sir MI5 Starmer calling for it to be scrapped. What’s the hullabaloo all about?

Asking for an English friend.

Seems a silly colour to me, it’s not the flag of the nation it‘s meant to represent.

However, if they did want to alter it to make a statement, they missed an opportunity to have it in rainbow colours for LGBT support.

Nike do a lot of this controversial stuff because it’s good for their brand . There’s no such thing as bad publicity in their view as it keeps their overpriced products in the headlines. Simple, if you don’t like it don’t buy it. The problem is youngsters who want the latest kit probably aren’t interested enough to know that the cross has been altered and just want the latest version

Nicky Campbell discussing the new strip. Sir MI5 Starmer calling for it to be scrapped. What’s the hullabaloo all about?

Asking for an English friend.

Well it appears the colours of the flag on the shirt represent the flag of bisexuality. Something I'd never heard of before.

It is a national team football shirt. I agree with many that it's not necessary to change the colours of the flag, they're representing the country and it should rightly have the proper flag on it in my opinion. I dare Nike to try that with the Iranian shirt and flag....

If England and the players want to do something that symbolises inclusiveness, I have no issue, the arm bands and things don't bother me. I don't think it needs to stretch as far as changing the flag of the country on their national football shirt.

Seems a silly colour to me, it’s not the flag of the nation it‘s meant to represent.

However, if they did want to alter it to make a statement, they missed an opportunity to have it in rainbow colours for LGBT support.

Apparently its the flag of bisexuality. I'd never heard of that until today but when you look it it, it does seem that it's taken from that.

That's my thoughts

The colours don't seem to represent anything, it's not like it's the rainbow flag as you say.

Seems rather pointless/silly to change the colours of a flag, but at the same time people are getting upset about something pointless. Unless people are truly upset that's its not white and red.

My guess is it's people angling for a fight about "agendas" but have nothing to lean on because the chosen colours don't represent anything.

Kit designers have been doing this kind of thing for ages. Take an element of the club or country crest or flag, fiddle about with it and then put it on the inside or hem as a little design flourish.

How many times did Nike change the City crest to fluorescent yellow or gray?

This is from the 125th anniversary kit.

1711106584710.png

Or here's some where they made the Brazil flag out of a button, Put part of the catalan flag on Barca's kit, and put the Piano keys for 3 Lions on the collar of the England kit.

1711106679277.png

Kit designers have been doing this kind of thing for ages. Take an element of the club or country crest or flag, fiddle about with it and then put it on the inside or hem as a little design flourish.

How many times did Nike change the City crest to fluorescent yellow or gray?

This is from the 125th anniversary kit

View attachment 111234

I think the colour of football crest is a bit of a different story to a flag that has represented a full nation for centuries on a shirt where they're representing that nation.

I think some things should be left alone

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.