New home kit?

Re: City home shirt released...!

FantasyIreland said:
Hugely disappointing given the quality of recent efforts,what the fuck is that collar about?

Stick with retro,can't go wrong.

Yep. Awful. 1 out of 10. The concept of putting a sound wave of blue moon on the shirt is cringe worthy. This is embarrassing; even worse than the fucked up neck/sleeves of the away shirt. I feel like its the 1980s again.

uncle charlie wilson said:
1.618034 said:
Shaelumstash said:
For the benefit of those that haven't seen my earlier rants, I am rather against the blue shorts. It seems there are a fair few who share my view that this is not really "City" and looks more like Coventry.

I appreciate there are those that really don't give a toss, but even the majority of them seem to prefer us in white shorts if given the choice.

I, and I'm sure City and Umbro would be interested to see what the general consensus is among City fans.

Could someone please make a poll, very simple.

Q. Would you prefer to see City play in...

A. Blue shirts, white shorts, blue socks
or
B. Blue shirts, blue shorts, striped socks.

There are white shorts!

See above.

They're not the standard short for the new kit though, are they?

If we don the white shorts at all next season, I'd imagine that would be an exception rather than a common occurrence. Hopefully Umbro will see sense and the blue shorts will be the exception, but all the word from the private unveiling and the public marketing points towards them being quite the opposite.

Well they're there and I as I've said (twice) I think they'll be the option for the CL, at least. At least Gary saw my post with the picture... And as ever I agree with Gary and hope that we'll see the white shorts, which exist, worn more and more. We'll see.

I don't actually see the point of the white shorts unless they're going to used a lot. Why would we change to white for an away game? In what away games would white shorts reduce the clash of colours?

I've no problem with us wearing blue shorts as a change at the swamp etc

I quite like the blue shorts. Ok, it's not "traditional" as such (although we have worn blue for many years previously), but it's a change. It freshens things up a bit.

I won't be buying but I won't be moaning either.

1.618034 said:
Well they're there and I as I've said (twice) I think they'll be the option for the CL, at least. At least Gary saw my post with the picture... And as ever I agree with Gary and hope that we'll see the white shorts, which exist, worn more and more. We'll see.

I don't actually see the point of the white shorts unless they're going to used a lot. Why would we change to white for an away game? In what away games would white shorts reduce the clash of colours?

I've no problem with us wearing blue shorts as a change at the swamp etc

I wasn't invited to the unveiling so I don't know how they put across the blue shorts. I also have noticed that the publicity, including the Liam Gallagher stuff, is focusing on the shirt, so I hope the blue shorts were not put across as one of the significant changes/key aspects to the kit. Ideally they can just brush the blue shorts under the carpet and focus on white.

If they did explain the significance of blue shorts (not certain why that would be the case) then it's much more difficult of course.

I'm laid back when it comes to City's kit. So long as they wear the right shade of blue - and that's been a very big improvement since our return to Umbro - and the shirt looks to be the right quality then I'm not that worried about the top, but I just don't get the idea of blue shorts. Socks - we've had so many variations over the years (including wearing exactly the same style as Utd) that it never bothers me.

I've always been proud of the fact that City's blue shirts/white shorts tend to be unique but all blue feels like it could be anybody.

I was worried there would be some navy blue in the kit to tie-in with the sponsor logo - thankfully I actually like the socks. We have worn socks like that in the late 50's - but how much better does this look...

I very much hope we wear the white shorts more than the blue shorts (though, it seems it will be the opposite) as the all blue kit looks ridiculous.

I don't like the shirt very much but the socks are not bad... The blue shorts are horrific, though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.