New home kit?

Although this newer picture does make it look more genuine I stand by what I said in the clarkied by the club thread.

The material just doesn't look "first pick of the litter" if you know what I mean?
the club have exclusive rights with Umbro to choose their latest designs/materials, unless our kit chooser is now Stevie Wonder I can't see this being the first choice.

ICT-Tam said:
The matierial looks cheap. From what i can see, no other umbro shirt is using that kind of plastic stuff. It's all cotton. Something doesnt quite add up there. Is the away shirt cotton?

On the JJB website the city away shirt is described as 100% polyester.

Kevcod said:
chase of spades said:
ICT-Tam said:
The matierial looks cheap. From what i can see, no other umbro shirt is using that kind of plastic stuff. It's all cotton. Something doesnt quite add up there. Is the away shirt cotton?
That is cotten like the others you can tell and yes the away one is too : )

-- Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:29 am --

Stortz said:
No way am I buying that shit looks cheap an tacky as fuck!
Tacky as fuck!!??

Far from it,really nice.

Is that Oddjob from the Bond Movies grandson ?

The extra collar bit is FOUL - looks like you have had a deep rooted boil removed from either side of your neck and a bit of plaster has been stuck over the wounds.

Wonder what bollocks Umbro will come up with now -

'The pictures taken by staff from the sweat shop where our kits are made at £1.00 a pop show our empathy with the working man - Indeed the worker wearing this shirt was taken away and stoned to death - using stones from the original Sanky Soap building, to prove our links with Manchester, as umbro has always been connected with the Fan in the street, so much so that the average family man, earning the average wage, will have to pay out the whole of his weekly wage if he wants to buy a shirt for himself and his 2 children, and as an aid to remembering days gone by Umbro will be setting up a soup kitchen , in the car park at Eastlands, to feed the poor bastards who have shelled out for 3 new home kits in the last 3 seasons. The breathable inserts on the shoulder and collar allow maximum hydration and also give Umbro the chance to use up some old material we had left over from another shirt we made for a Mexican team. The 'Iconic' round collar demonstarted Umbro's commitment to the history of the club to such a large degree last season that we have decided to change it completely 12 months late, for no other reason than to fleece decent, loyal, hard working supporters and cash in on City's success. Please tune into City TV where a bloke from London, wearing Ben Sherman shirts that are really designed for a man at least 20 years younger than he is, will patronise the shit out of you about heritage, quality of material and stupid designs sewn into the shirts for no apparent reason '

As an earlier postee noted - the away kit is on pre order at Sports Direct so you can save yourself a few bob there and I guess this cheap looking shite will be there too.

Jesus fucking christ mate, its just a replica football shirt. If you dont want it dont fucking buy it. I can tell you are a PROPER City fan because your glass is well and truly half empty before being spilt by some massive ape that would kill you if you complained

goodness that is the worst home kit in a long long time. Looks like something Le Coq Sportif would make.

Ffs sadly it's genuine, the mail online are doing a section on all prem teams kits for next season and that's the one it shows for us! Gotta boycott it an hopefully umbro will think twice about turning out those lucky lucky man shirts for us again

SteSteez said:
Although this newer picture does make it look more genuine I stand by what I said in the clarkied by the club thread.

The material just doesn't look "first pick of the litter" if you know what I mean?
the club have exclusive rights with Umbro to choose their latest designs/materials, unless our kit chooser is now Stevie Wonder I can't see this being the first choice.
In terms of the material, the players may not have liked the cotton type feel to the shirts. Can become very heavy when it gets wet and also doesn't let heat out very easily. The club could have simply asked the players what they wanted the shirt to be like.

I trust the shirt doesn't have the same towel-esque feel that the last Le Coq one had? If it's a nice soft material like the first Umbro one was then I'll be happy.

Jesus Christ this just gets worse. First a crap top and now blue shorts rumoured.

If this is it what's the best way to get the message to City we don't want this crap ever again?

Actually I suppose just not buying it would do it. Shame. I remember Newcastle having an awful second kit and they sold about 50 before pulling it.

thats exactly the same shirt as the first lad had on-hes just lent it to his fat mate to have his pic taken with it on-it doesnt mean its the real deal,lets hope not anyway

new kit deffo has v neck sister in law works at city she also said it was blue but then again she is also care in the community so she may have married the geezer in the pic either way still gonna buy it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.