New home kit?

I like the collar and that's because I am extremely biased towards anything with checks due to the ska connection. I'm thinking about giving it a miss, but I don't want the Braveheart away shirt either. I've already got the retro 72 away shirt and much prefer it. Probably will end getting it at some point due to my compulsion to buy at least one shirt a season...

I hope the home has white cuffs on the long-sleeved version.

Might get it in the sale - bought the navy third today for 30 quid.

kenzie115 said:
If it's anything like the away kit or keeper's kit I won't be buying it anyway. Went down to the shop today looking forward to buying at least one new shirt and expecting similar quality to the last two years, I was very disappointed. They've changed the material on the away kit and it's dreadful, it's not the soft cotton we've had for the past two years (ok the sleeves were different last year) and it's not the nylon/polyester blend football shirts usually are, it's a tough, starchy material that feels awful and falls terribly. The fit's not very good either, now this may just be me but I found the shoulders were very fitted but the sleeves were loose and the shirt is quite short. I quite liked the design when I saw it online but was worried about the collar and rightly so, it looks very dodgy. As for the keeper's kit, well it could be the campest football shirt I've ever seen. I can't recall another team having a mock turtle-neck football shirt. At least the material is ok on the keepers kit, similar to last year they've gone for cotton on the body and the shinier material on the sleeves but the fit again is awful.

The above is just my opinion, other people may love the new kits, but I was very disappointed.

Agree. Proper fucked up this time. Went to get the away for my holiday next week but didn't bother the fit and material was awfull compared to the last two years, felt like we had gone back to le coq sportif.

got bored and made a wallpaper based on the themes of this years kits. PM me if you want a certain size.

Q0JEk.jpg

I don't think the away is that bad - as for the material, well I think it'd be hard to replicate the poly/cotton effect of recent Umbro kits with the red and black stripes, it pretty much has to be printed on.

Not a fan of the Etihad logo as gold/yellow, because it just looks more yellow than anything. If it were white the shirt would be much more striking.

As opposed to some I'm actually a big fan of the collar, the sleeves however do look a bit baggy and naff. The longsleeved version would look soooo much better with vertical stripes.

Fucking hideous. A cheapo Sunday league top/1980s teabag shirt. With a fucking J-cloth stuck to the collar.
And the white stripe under the arms is so wrong.
The Umbro designer must have spent a weekend on the beak before he tossed off this shitty design in five minutes on Monday morning and thought it looked good.
It's like the episode of the Simpsons when Homer was asked to design the car for the common man. Except what he came up with was better.

LongsightM13 said:
Fucking hideous. A cheapo Sunday league top/1980s teabag shirt. With a fucking J-cloth stuck to the collar.
And the white stripe under the arms is so wrong.
The Umbro designer must have spent a weekend on the beak before he tossed off this shitty design in five minutes on Monday morning and thought it looked good.
It's like the episode of the Simpsons when Homer was asked to design the car for the common man. Except what he came up with was better.

6a00d83452d75569e20105364f94fc970b-320wi.gif

;)

I think they are really nice, i wasn't keen on last two shirts, two retro for my liking,why does everything nowadays have to be retro?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.